MADRID - The Spanish government Saturday decreed a state of emergency, in an attempt to force air controllers staging a wildcat work protest to return to work immediately.
MADRID - Spanish celebrity hairdresser Lluis Llongueras has been fired from the company he created by his own daughter, press reports said Friday.
MADRID - Spanish Navy vessels looking for sunken treasure off the country's coast have found around 100 possible shipwrecks in the first fruit of a drive to protect Spain's historical heritage from private salvagers seeking gold and other booty.
MADRID - The number of unemployed people in Spain reached over four million this September, the labour and immigration ministry said.
MADRID - Spain's hurting economy got hit again Thursday with yet another downgrade of its government debt by a major ratings agency, meaning the nation's borrowing costs will likely rise as it struggles to cut its deficit amid gloomy economic recovery prospects.
- Moody's downgrades Spanish government debt
- General strike in Spain against austerity measures
- Anti-austerity protests sweep across Europe
- General strike starts in Spain against austerity
- Unions count on 100,000 protesters at EU
- Spain unveils lean 2011 budget
- Spain government inches closer to budget support
- Experts: Airlines can be fooled by pregnant women
- Spain's ACS launches bid for Hochtief
- PR agency: Penelope Cruz is pregnant
- Shrek in Spain? Paramount backs theme park plan
- Struggling Spain OKs labor market reforms
- Spain to vote on labor market reforms
- Spanish traffic cops urged to halt ticket slowdown
- Spain halves deficit with painful austerity cuts
- Spain revises Q2 growth figure upward
- Doc for Armstrong's USPS team denies doping claims
- Moroccan protesters block Spanish enclave border
- Wages cut, Spanish highway cops go soft on drivers
- Spanish air traffic controllers vote to strike
- Spanish air traffic controllers may strike
- Telefonica to buy control of Brazil's Vivo
- Telefonica to buy Brazil's Vivo after deal with PT
- Telefonica: new deal with PT to buy Brazil's Vivo
- Bank stress tests prove strength, says EU
- Telefonica deal to buy Brazil's Vivo falls apart
- Spain raises $3.85B in bond auction
- Spain's premier vows to press on with austerity
- Cuban prisoners face uncertain future in Spain
- World Cup win for Spain adds to sports status
- Spain World Cup fiesta goes wild, boosts unity
- Fiesta: Winning World Cup team boosts Spain unity
- World Cup winners arrive home in Spain for fiesta
- Spain sells euro6 billion in 10-year bonds
- Spain sells 6 billion in 10-year bonds