TRENTON, N.J. - Sanofi-Aventis SA, the world's fourth-biggest drugmaker, said Friday it is eliminating 1,700 jobs in its U.S.
WASHINGTON - Abbott Laboratories said Friday it will withdraw its diet pill Meridia in the U.S.
BRIDGEWATER, N.J. - Sanofi-Aventis SA, the world's fourth-biggest drugmaker, says it is eliminating 1,700 jobs in its U.S.
TRENTON, N.J. - Revenue from global prescription drug sales should increase 5 percent to 7 percent next year, reaching at least $880 billion, fueled by new drugs and rising sales in developing countries, according to drug data firm IMS Health.
NEW YORK - Pfizer Inc. said Wednesday it is reviewing strategic alternatives - including a possible sale - for its Capsugel business unit, which makes capsules for oral medicines and dietary supplements.
- Sanofi-Aventis launches Genzyme takeover battle
- Summary Box: J&J CEO testifies on medicine recalls
- More options for seniors with high drug costs
- After 10 years in US, abortion pill still divisive
- $93,000 cancer drug: How much is a life worth?
- ND protects small pharmacies from big box stores
- Amgen recalls anemia drugs due to glass flakes
- Timeline of events for diabetes pill Avandia
- US restricts, EU bans controversial diabetes pill
- FDA restricts use of controversial diabetes pill
- Novartis gains FDA approval for new MS drug
- WADA widens net on performance-enhancing drugs
- Sanofi reports positive results with diabetes drug
- Spiriva as good as Serevent in asthma study
- FDA delays decision on breast cancer drug Avastin
- FDA reviewing cancer risk with diabetes pill Actos
- J&J consumer drug head retiring amid recall probe
- FDA panel says 'no' to experimental diet pill
- Neurocrine slips on failure of depression drug
- FDA mulls pulling diet pill linked to heart attack
- J&J giving $200 million for health of women, kids
- Top ballot item: bid to legalize pot in California
- Merck schizophrenia drug approved for 2 new uses
- UK regulators want Avandia diabetes pill pulled
- Picking right blood pressure medicine challenging
- Journal editors question sale of diet pill Meridia
- Some donated malaria drugs being stolen in Africa
- Proposed pot farm on countryside angers residents
- Questions loom over drug given to sleepless vets
- FDA denies accelerated approval for cancer drug
- Schweitzer cooking up new plan for cheap drugs
- Somaxon, Procter & Gamble co-promote insomnia drug
- Colorado gov. says pot fees helping budget deficit
- Drug chains offering seasonal flu shots early
- FDA panel mixed on approving Cymbalta for pain