WASHINGTON - A political enthusiasm gap is helping Republicans in their effort to roll up big gains in the congressional elections.
CHICAGO - While insisting Illinois voters deserve "more honesty" from politicians, Republican Senate candidate Mark Kirk repeatedly ducked questions or fell back on stock answers Tuesday when pressed about his military record, attacks on his opponent and other issues in one of the nation's most-watched Senate races.
WASHINGTON - A custom-designed motorcycle signed by President Barack Obama will be auctioned in Las Vegas to support military families.
WASHINGTON - A federal regulator is criticizing banks for failing to take back bad mortgages sold to giant mortgage buyers Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
WOONSOCKET, R.I. - Laure Rondeau, an 82-year-old Catholic, supports Providence Mayor David Cicilline for Congress because he wants to get the troops out of Afghanistan and says Washington is losing sight of what's happening to regular people.
- Congress to tread carefully in run-up to election
- China, US meet amid tensions over trade, military
- 6 US personnel quarantined over mail scare
- Farmer-turned-hunger striker dies in Venezuela
- Diabetes now tops Vietnam vets' claims
- Dead soldiers' parents sue insurer over benefits
- Questions loom over drug given to sleepless vets
- Storm-damaged NO hotel to reopen in fall 2011
- Banking execs say gov't needs to back mortgages
- Gov't starts talks about new mortgage system
- Hundreds of PTSD soldiers likely misdiagnosed
- For veterans bill, Republicans put budget ax aside
- Senate Democrats propose $14 billion budget cut
- Republicans propose cutting Obama budget
- Legal group: Gays shouldn't answer Pentagon survey
- VA secretary: St. Louis mistakes 'unacceptable'
- VA: Faulty dental sterilization in St. Louis
- AP National News Calendar
- Obama promises to push on gay rights agenda
- Obama embraces incremental response to gay issues
- AP sources: Gay workers to get family leave
- Michelle Obama vows to help Camp Pendleton troops
- House votes to repeal 'don't ask, don't tell'
- House approves repeal of gay ban in military
- Senate panel votes to repeal gay ban in military
- Highlights of House and Senate spending bills
- White House backs compromise on gays in military
- Senate votes to examine Federal Reserve lending
- A bullet in Baghdad, a son's need, a mother's love
- Freddie Mac seeks $10.6B in aid after 1Q loss
- Obama says Boxer could lose if Dems don't work
- Court to hear fired reservist's appeal
- Obama's expansion of gay rights draws tepid praise
- New rules proposed on garnishing federal benefits
- Nuclear heartland anxious about missile cuts