WASHINGTON - A wave of government layoffs in September outpaced weak hiring in the private sector, pushing down the nation's payrolls by a net total of 95,000 jobs.
SHANGHAI - Authorities in China's largest city have ordered that families be allowed to only purchase one home each, part of a series of moves aimed at cooling surging property prices.
BISMARCK, N.D. - Enbridge Inc.
WASHINGTON - The American suburb is no longer a refuge from poverty in cities.
WASHINGTON - City tax revenues dropped this year by the most in 25 years, hit hard by falling home prices that could crimp local budgets for years to come.
- NTSB examining California pipeline emergency plan
- Housing slump hurts local government tax revenue
- Atlantic City agrees to NJ oversight of finances
- Emanuel begins campaign for mayor in Chicago
- City scandal makes officials outcasts in hometown
- TV exit poll: Latvian government wins re-election
- Pa.'s troubled capital city seeks state's help
- NJ mayors seek state help with 2 percent spend cap
- AFL-CIO head offers to mediate for NFL, players
- NJ may allow smaller casinos in Atlantic City
- NFL says AFL-CIO couldn't be effective mediator
- Hungary's Supreme Court OKs anti-Gypsy ad
- FDA exec: agency too slow to order J&J recall
- China curbs lending in move to cool housing market
- Calif. city's pensions will be larger than thought
- General strike in Spain against austerity measures
- NJ horse racing industry drafts survival plan
- Fewer cars, more beaches planned for Old San Juan
- Residents long suspected corruption in Bell
- Kremlin fires defiant Moscow mayor after 18 years
- Kremlin fires Moscow mayor after 18 years
- Kremlin fires iconic Moscow mayor after 18 years
- ADB raises Asia growth forecast to 8.2 percent
- Rep. Frank denies Clinton stop indicates weakness
- Whitman's Fresno-Detroit comparison draws heat
- Beijing faces worsening traffic gridlock
- Detroit to Whitman: Invest in struggling cities
- NY gov GOPer: Cuomo lied about NYC mayor vote
- Commonwealth Games chief rushing to New Delhi
- Alaska natural gas project may not get subsidies
- Obama says much more work needed on economy
- Village becomes lab for curing Africa's problems
- Russian gay activist says he was seized by agents
- Philly housing worker: We had to pay to keep jobs
- Scandal-ridden Calif. city must return tax dollars