TOKYO - Japanese fishermen herded dolphins into a cove made famous by an Oscar-winning documentary about the hunt but did not kill any Friday, as conservationist groups ramped up scrutiny of the annual slaughter.
TOKYO - Dolphins have been herded into a cove as part of an annual hunt in the Japanese seaside town made famous by an Oscar-winning documentary about their slaughter, Sea Shepherd said Friday.
TOKYO - The star of an Oscar-winning documentary about a Japanese town that slaughters dolphins delivered a petition to the U.S.
MADRID - Spain erupted with its biggest fiesta in memory Monday when its football team returned to a jubilant nation after winning the World Cup, giving elated Spaniards a break from months of economic gloom and political squabbling.
MADRID - Spain's football team returned home to a jubilant nation and a huge fiesta Monday after winning the World Cup, finally giving Spaniards a break from months of economic gloom, political squabbling and nationalist regions fighting for greater autonomy from the central government.
- World Cup winners arrive home in Spain for fiesta
- Pakistan tries new counterinsurgency strategy
- Strike over fuel prices hits businesses in India
- Japan shows 'The Cove' after delay from protests
- China, Taiwan sign trade pact linking economies
- China, Taiwan to sign trade pact tying 2 economies
- Japan court blocks 'The Cove' protests at theater
- Croatia' EU hopes may be set back by debt crisis
- Cameron asks Lib Dems to help form British govt
- Cameron asks Lib Dems to help form UK govt
- Brown makes bid to remain British prime minister
- UK's top 2 parties jockey for small party support
- Lawmakers brawl in Ukraine over pro-Russia measure
- Ukraine parliament hit by brawl, eggs, smoke bombs
- Ukraine, Russia ratify Black Sea naval lease
- Israeli PM rejects calls for east Jerusalem freeze
- Hungary to add jobs, cut graft to fight far right
- Center-right Fidesz wins big in Hungary elections
- Hungary's center-right leads voting, far-right 3rd
- Far-right party poised to make gains in Hungary
- Poll setback tests Taiwan's China-friendly leader
- Taiwan set to open key trade talks with China
- China envoy's Taiwan visit stirs backlash
- Chinese envoy's visit to test Taiwan's Ma
- Opposition scores gains in Taiwan local elections
- Victims being identified after Russian train wreck
- Russia: Bomb caused train crash that killed 26