MADRID - When Iker Casillas became the first Spanish player to lift the World Cup trophy in South Africa's Soccer City, it underlined Spain's recent emergence as a sports powerhouse.
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - The New Jersey Nets have acquired guard Anthony Morrow in a sign and trade deal with the Golden State Warriors.
NBA commissioner David Stern congratulated LeBron James on his decision.
CLEVELAND - Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert got in another word about the messy, heartbreaking split with LeBron James.
NEW YORK - Jay Leno and David Letterman are in the twilight of their days as late-night TV kings, and it's not clear that any late-night comic will wield that kind of broad influence again.
- Cavs owner defends stance on LeBron
- Cuban: NBA should examine how Heat got Big 3
- Welcome to Miami, LeBron, as Heat begin the party
- Wade back in Miami as free-agent wait continues
- Two-month warning for NFL credit card holders
- NBA's free agent fireworks could come next week
- Cleveland might feel economic pinch without LeBron
- No political certainty for aging SF landmark arena
- Janet Jackson performs at Essence in New Orleans
- NBA could be left waiting a while on LeBron
- World Cup draws Kobe Bryant to South Africa
- AP Source: Thorn leaving Nets as president-GM
- With Bulls, Thibodeau finally gets his chance
- Jackson's decision weighs on Lakers' 3-peat hopes
- LA Lakers to pay for NBA victory celebration
- NBA opens potential offseason of change
- Kerr won't stay on as Suns general manager
- NBA Finals help ABC to big Nielsen ratings week
- Avery Johnson says sky is the limit for lowly Nets
- Chinese sports companies focus on sponsorships
- Izzo yet to announce future plans
- NCAA could make harsh penalties the new norm
- USC hit hard by NCAA sanctions
- Nets have agreement in principle with Johnson
- NBA leads way in diversity among men's pro sports
- Kroenkes aim to keep NBA, NHL, NFL teams
- Basketball, hockey championships gain TV viewers
- Cavs confirm contact with Izzo
- Wizards sale to Leonsis OK'd by NBA board
- AP Source: Hornets negotiating with Williams
- Danny Ferry resigns as GM of Cleveland Cavaliers
- Would max-level players take less than max money?
- Wade insists, no free agent wish list _ yet
- Olympic hockey, playoffs making the NHL cool again
- Tim Floyd returns to UTEP, no worries about USC