WASHINGTON - Abbott Laboratories said Friday it will withdraw its diet pill Meridia in the U.S.
NEW YORK - The weight loss drug Meridia is being be pulled off the market in Canada, the nation's health department said Friday, because of links to side effects like heart attacks and strokes.
PONYING UP TO SLIM DOWN: The company will expand its medical nutrition unit and start operating Nestle Health Science SA on Jan.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Nestle will plow some $500 million into expanding its medical nutrition business over the next decade, in a bid to capture a slice of the growing market for foods to treat chronic conditions such as diabetes and obesity, the Swiss consumer company said Monday.
ADELPHI, Md. - Federal health experts rejected a highly anticipated weight loss pill Thursday that was thought to offer a safer way to shed pounds than older medications linked to dangerous side effects.
- Gluten-free has gone big time, but why so popular?
- FDA panel split on withdrawing diet pill Meridia
- Farmers' markets draw few food stamp users
- Summary Box: FDA takes dim view of new diet drug
- FDA questions safety, effectiveness with diet pill
- FDA mulls pulling diet pill linked to heart attack
- Journal editors question sale of diet pill Meridia
- PepsiCo hopes to revive Quaker with new products
- Recalls this week: Pacifiers, shades, supplements
- Back panel key ingredient of nutrition info
- First lady, MLB team up against childhood obesity
- Product Recalls: Slim-30 Herb Supplement
- FDA panel rejects experimental weight loss pill
- FDA panel narrowly sides against weight loss pill
- House bill would make school lunches healthier
- Experimental diet pill shows promise, little risk
- Vivus weight loss drug faces FDA panel this week
- Vivus weight loss drug faces safety questions
- First lady touts anti-childhood obesity initiative
- FDA to review first of 3 new weight loss drugs
- Diabetics eye obesity surgery to tame blood sugar
- Food czar hopes to change the way Baltimore eats
- Utah regulators slap supplement maker with fines
- Recalls: tiaras, garlic spread, diet supplement
- Italy fears for Nutella with new EU food labels
- Dieting for dollars? More US employees trying it
- Report: Trans fat limits lead to healthier foods
- Vitamin E shows promise for treating liver disease
- Michelle Obama visits San Diego community farm
- How to eat well on a food stamp budget: $68.88
- Recalls: dietary supplement for dogs
- Calorie labeling could lead to healthier fast food
- Jamie Oliver: Taking the revolution to president
- Fattest state's lawmakers shed pounds, fried stuff
- PepsiCo to focus on healthier foods, cuts salt