NEW YORK - When the stock market hit its all-time high three years ago - three years that somehow seem much longer - Bob Auer's life was very, very easy.
OMAHA, Neb. - Online brokerage TD Ameritrade announced Friday it would offer commission-free ETF trades on 101 different funds picked by Morningstar to attract more long-term investors and better compete with other brokers.
BOSTON - Think of Vanguard as the Wal-Mart of investing.
NEW YORK - The third quarter set the markets right again.
DUBLIN - Ireland will have to pump 12 billion ($16 billion) more into the country's crippled banking system, dealing more grief to shellshocked Irish taxpayers.
- Ireland to pump billions more into failed banks
- Ireland to pump billions more into debt-hit banks
- Government could seek foreign investors for GM
- Americans struggle to regain their shrunken wealth
- Americans' wealth fell in spring as stocks tanked
- Gold prices set record high on economic worries
- AP-CNBC Poll: Investors wary of stock trading
- Nervous Americans want easy access to their cash
- Bad credit? For corporate borrowers, not a problem
- Cuba eases property laws, could open door to golf
- Cuba embraces 2 surprising free-market reforms
- ALL BUSINESS: Big investors go for gold, bonds
- In Iraq's troubles, an exchange eyes growth
- Fidelity: 401(k) hardship withdrawals, loans up
- Fund manager finds plenty of virtue in sin stocks
- US: Firms must spell out workers' benefit rights
- Stocks retreat as Fed grows more cautious
- Junk bonds: Savvy investment or fool's gold?
- Suit blames Mets owners for Madoff-related losses
- ALL BUSINESS: A bright spot in a tough economy
- Summary Box: New IRA study reveals saving trends
- New study: Few IRA owners contributing new money
- China promises bigger private role in industry
- FDIC sends insurance payouts to 9,500 people
- SEC votes to scrap mutual fund '12b-1' fees
- China's AgBank up 2.2 percent in Hong Kong debut
- Agricultural Bank inches up in Hong Kong debut
- China's Agricultural Bank rises in Hong Kong debut
- Labor officials release new rules on 401K fees
- Small business financial checkups get complicated
- Pensions weigh options from BP spill
- Vt. ski resort launches project with foreign money
- Stocks climb in early trading to open week
- Stock futures point to higher open to start week
- Finding gold in them thar foreclosures