NEW YORK - Americans proved in September they are willing to spend, as long as the price and the product are right.
NEW YORK - Retailers are reporting surprisingly solid sales gains for September, boosted by back-to-school shopping, much of it was pushed into September by parents who had put off trips to the mall.
FREDERICKSBURG, Va. - Once a month, just after midnight, the beeping checkout scanners at a Walmart just off Interstate 95 come alive in a chorus of financial desperation.
LOS ANGELES - Viacom Inc.'s movie studio, Paramount Pictures, is laying off 53 people worldwide, most of whom are based in Los Angeles, in a move that will save about $10 million a year.
WASHINGTON - Seniors with high drug costs will soon have more options to help them cope with Medicare's prescription coverage gap.
- Recession rips at US marriages, expands income gap
- GOP groups overwhelm Dems with political ads
- $93,000 cancer drug: How much is a life worth?
- Wal-Mart expects holiday shoppers to be practical
- Farmers' markets draw few food stamp users
- Discounts spur surprising Aug. retail sales gains
- California bill to reform pet insurance advances
- Earnings Preview: Sears Holdings
- Modest premium increase for Medicare drug plans
- JetBlue brings back 'All You Can Jet' passes
- Will Medicare checks in the mail help Democrats?
- South Carolina to cover obesity surgery next year
- Intelius to pay $1.3M for deceptive marketing
- Economic recovery falls to thrifty consumers
- Clintons emerge in NY on eve of Chelsea's wedding
- Bill Clinton emerges on Chelsea's NY wedding eve
- ALL BUSINESS: A bright spot in a tough economy
- Big mistake: the $654 flight from NYC to Chicago
- Obama pushes anew on fair, equitable pay for women
- Stores push summertime 'Christmas' sales
- Calif. tests next frontier of health reform _ pets
- Mint.com can help you budget for next vacation
- Diabetics eye obesity surgery to tame blood sugar
- 5 ways to declare your financial independence
- Palin: Health care overhaul to hurt special needs
- One Indian village wins freedom with job program
- TIAA-CREF chief: lessons from turbulent times
- Panera Co. to open more pay-what-you-wish eateries
- Morningstar to offer new research on 529 plans
- MDU, Otter Tail customers to pay for Big Stone II
- Survey: Individual health insurance premiums jump
- Toys R Us card allows shoppers to save for toys
- Royal wedding triggers monarchy debate in Sweden
- Omega Healthcare closes $293M facilities purchase
- Method for AP-Petside.com poll on pets