LONDON - A wealthy British businessman who owns the company that makes the two-wheeled Segway has been found dead in a river in northern England after apparently falling off a cliff on one of the vehicles, police said Monday.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Muhammad Ali hugged children and posed for photos Tuesday during an appearance to promote a charitable initiative to grow vegetable gardens at schools around the world.
ESSEX, Vt. - Pat O'Connor loved baseball so much he just had to have his own Fenway Park.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The National Association of Basketball Coaches said Friday this will be the last year its members can have financial relationships with the Harold Pump Foundation, a charity run by basketball power brokers David and Dana Pump.
TEL AVIV, Israel - Flawed intelligence-gathering and planning led to Israel's botched and deadly raid on a Gaza-bound protest flotilla, with security forces underestimating the potential for violence, said the official report released Monday.
- Israel to release critical report on flotilla raid
- Gaza aid ship leaves Greece for Egypt
- Lawmaker ties to banking business go beyond norm
- Lawmakers writing financial law have industry ties
- Gates Foundation, USAID offer prizes to help Haiti
- 2009 charitable giving falls 3.6 percent in US
- New Panera location says pay what you want
- Food companies will remove 1.5 trillion calories
- Wal-Mart plans $2B push on hunger relief
- Conan O'Brien elected to JFK Library Foundation
- Daunting task ahead to secure Detroit's future
- NYC mayor: I can't control offshore charity funds
- Charity to give $100M in grants for new art spaces
- Merck executive is new Gates Foundation CFO
- Qwest board member Alvarado resigns
- School's in, despite Tiger's many woes
- After 'mistakes,' Jean group gets new accountants
- Can newspaper muckraking carry on in nonprofits?
- Wyclef Jean defends his Haiti charity
- Gates Foundation allocates $38M in banking grants
- Clinton foundation draws eclectic donor list
- 2009 donors to Clinton foundation
- Foreign govt's among Clinton donors
- APNewsBreak: Saudi, Norway gov'ts give to Clinton
- Never too late: Still time for 2009 tax planning
- British priest: Shoplifting by poor sometimes OK
- Charities still stung by Madoff scandal year later
- ACLU loses donor, one-fourth of yearly donations
- Gates Foundation announces grants for libraries
- New tour at Frank Lloyd Wright synagogue in Pa.
- AP POLL: Tax the rich to pay for health bill
- Buffett's Berkshire acquires ExxonMobil stake