CHICAGO - Despite accusing his opponent of offering vague fairy tales, Gov.
BELL, Calif. - There was a time in this modest blue-collar community when Mayor Oscar Hernandez was all but hailed as a superhero, the big friendly guy who said hello to everybody when he wasn't busy greeting them at his venerable corner grocery store.
NEW YORK - The rogues at the heart of two embarrassing years of corruption accusations, partisan gridlock and dirty politics in the New York state Senate were forcefully ejected by voters Tuesday, leaving in tatters the web of political alliances that had long insulated the two Democrats.
SAO PAULO - Two front-page scandals and increasingly bitter attacks by her rival are not slowing down Brazil's ruling party presidential candidate.
WASHINGTON - Congress returns this week with embattled Democrats torn between trying to show they have the economic answers and fearing the further wrath of voters over new government programs.
- Veteran Japanese politician battles PM for top job
- Afghan president condemns CIA payment reports
- US Official: CIA pays Afghan government officials
- Argentine president moves to control newsprint
- Texas lawmaker he doubled-billed for travel
- Waters releases documents in ethics case defense
- Ga. GOP gov. candidate: Gibbs comments unusual
- Former Ill. Rep. Dan Rostenkowski dies at 82
- Black caucus reels from ethics, election setbacks
- AP sources: 3 charges filed against Rep. Waters
- Ethics panel: Charges filed against Rep. Waters
- Philippines swimming in rice amid high imports
- Panel hits Rangel with 13 ethics charges
- Ethics panel accuses Rangel of 13 violations
- Rangel says no plea deal yet to ethics charges
- Rangel wary as panel prepares ethics charges
- Pelosi on Rangel: Chips to fall where they may
- Rangel wary as ethics charges to become public
- Jury of Rangel's House peers meets in ethics case
- Rangel, ethics panel lawyers talking settlement
- Rangel, ethics committee in last-minute talks
- Rangel ethics charges create headache for allies
- Rangel says he's ready to fight ethics charges
- House panel charges Rangel with ethics misdeeds
- USDA reconsiders employee ouster over race remarks
- Trial mystery: How did Blagojevich get elected?
- GOP lawmaker: VIP loans given to Senate staff too
- Cerner President Devanny to step down
- House ethics committee clears California lawmaker
- Lawmaker ties to banking business go beyond norm
- Lawmakers writing financial law have industry ties
- House ethics panel seeks fundraising info on 8
- Ethics panel seeks fundraising info on 8 lawmakers
- Ill. Senate race: all insults, all the time
- Congressional probe expands to PediaCare recall