PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Rhode Island Democratic candidate for governor Frank Caprio on Friday criticized his independent rival Lincoln Chafee over Chafee's acknowledgment that his old Senate campaign committee of $18,400 in back taxes and fees due to a misunderstanding of tax regulations by his campaign treasurers.
CHICAGO - Despite accusing his opponent of offering vague fairy tales, Gov.
SAO PAULO - A one-time Marxist guerrilla chosen by Brazil's most popular leader in history to succeed him was the front-runner in Sunday's presidential election and hoped to pull off what even her predecessor couldn't: a first-round win with no need for a runoff.
SAO PAULO - Brazilians vote Sunday in national elections that could see front-running candidate Dilma Rousseff become the country's first female president, succeeding her popular ally and mentor.
WASHINGTON - With battle-weary lawmakers eager to bolt the Capital, the House is sending President Barack Obama a stopgap spending bill that's needed to avert a government shutdown on Friday.
- Senate adopts stopgap spending bill
- Congress punts tough choice until after election
- SEC: Ex-Countrywide chief approved special loans
- Texas lawmaker he doubled-billed for travel
- Ga. GOP gov. candidate: Gibbs comments unusual
- Ga. GOP picks Deal as nominee for governor
- Black caucus reels from ethics, election setbacks
- AP sources: 3 charges filed against Rep. Waters
- Ethics panel: Charges filed against Rep. Waters
- Panel hits Rangel with 13 ethics charges
- Ethics panel accuses Rangel of 13 violations
- Rangel says no plea deal yet to ethics charges
- Rangel wary as panel prepares ethics charges
- Pelosi on Rangel: Chips to fall where they may
- Rangel wary as ethics charges to become public
- Jury of Rangel's House peers meets in ethics case
- Rangel, ethics panel lawyers talking settlement
- Rangel, ethics committee in last-minute talks
- Black Caucus chair on Rangel: Don't presume guilt
- Rangel ethics charges create headache for allies
- Rangel says he's ready to fight ethics charges
- House panel charges Rangel with ethics misdeeds
- GOP lawmaker: VIP loans given to Senate staff too
- House ethics committee clears California lawmaker
- Okla. groups want jobless benefits bill passed
- Lawmaker ties to banking business go beyond norm
- Lawmakers writing financial law have industry ties
- House ethics panel seeks fundraising info on 8
- Ethics panel seeks fundraising info on 8 lawmakers
- Kansas chancellor orders review of gift to AD
- NY's Cuomo announces he's running for governor
- Gov. Perry's temporary digs costs Texas big bucks
- Anti-incumbent mood challenge to veteran Democrat
- NIreland leader Robinson surprise loser in UK vote
- Lawyers for ethics committee in Vegas about Ensign