CRESSKILL, N.J. - President Barack Obama asked wealthy donors Wednesday to help him close an "enthusiasm gap" with Republicans four weeks ahead of pivotal midterm elections.
DAYTON, Minn. - Vice President Joe Biden has told Democrats at a Minnesota fundraiser that he'll "strangle" members of the GOP who complain about the federal budget.
WASHINGTON - A deep-pocketed alliance with ties to top Republicans Karl Rove and Ed Gillespie is pumping more than $4 million into key Senate races in a single week of advertising, a crucial infusion to counter a surge in Democratic Party spending as Election Day draws near.
WASHINGTON - Two organizations that advocate for tougher campaign finance rules are asking the Internal Revenue Service to investigate the tax-exempt status of a Republican-allied group that has been airing millions of dollars in political advertising.
- Vermont nuke plant still lobbying for new license
- Whitman denies she knew housekeeper was illegal
- Senate adopts stopgap spending bill
- Congress punts tough choice until after election
- Biden: Democratic base should 'stop whining'
- GOP groups overwhelm Dems with political ads
- Rep. Frank denies Clinton stop indicates weakness
- Mass. Sen. Brown headlines Pa. Senate fundraiser
- AP-GfK Poll: GOP more fired up as elections near
- Dems try to deflect voter anger toward Wall Street
- APNewsBreak: Mass. AG candidate skirts finance law
- Groups allied to GOP boost their fundraising
- Obama says much more work needed on economy
- Democrats waging 'military campaigns' for Congress
- Pa. Senate race gets rough, fought through ads
- O'Donnell in spotlight after Del. primary victory
- AP-GfK Poll: Climate for GOP keeps getting better
- Gay candidates for Congress draw interest, hope
- Feingold labels himself underdog against newcomer
- Obama concedes poor economy threatens Democrats
- Clinton: Dems battling anger, apathy and amnesia
- Grim outlook for Democrats puts House up for grabs
- No recession here: Election spending sets records
- NYC House race boils down to Wall Street visions
- Investors urge Target to look at political giving
- Obama says economy coming back in backyard chat
- On political tour, Obama gets in a backyard chat
- Obama says economy coming back slowly but surely
- Obama engaging in backyard politics in Ohio
- Obama engaging in kitchen-table politics in Ohio
- Obama says recession recovery to take few years
- Obama says GOP hindering efforts to help business
- Disclosure considered for Calif. pension boards
- Obama launching 3 days of fundraising travel
- Report: Judicial spending doubles in last decade