PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Rhode Island Democratic candidate for governor Frank Caprio on Friday criticized his independent rival Lincoln Chafee over Chafee's acknowledgment that his old Senate campaign committee of $18,400 in back taxes and fees due to a misunderstanding of tax regulations by his campaign treasurers.
DETROIT - A federal judge on Thursday rejected an attempt to stop some key provisions of the new national health-care law, saying Congress has the authority to require people to get insurance by 2014.
WASHINGTON - The White House on Thursday defended granting waivers to some employers from a key provision of the new health care law, saying it was the best way to keep people insured until the law fully takes effect.
ALBANY, N.Y. - Former New York state Comptroller Alan Hevesi has turned himself in and will plead guilty to a felony corruption charge for taking gifts while running the state's multibillion dollar pension fund, a person close to the investigation told The Associated Press.
SEOUL, South Korea - North and South Korea are showing positive signs of improving relations, a U.S.
- NH Dem Hodes criticizes GOP rival on health care
- Ex-NY gov's group targets NH Dems on health care
- AP Interview: Quinn vague on ideas for Ill. future
- City scandal makes officials outcasts in hometown
- SPIN METER: Business group turns on past allies
- Will voters believe Dem or GOP message on economy?
- Vermont nuke plant still lobbying for new license
- Brazilians voting to replace popular leader Silva
- Paul: Social Security age may need to be raised
- Economy pitch mainly a blame game for both parties
- Brazil to pick successor for popular president
- Schwarzenegger signs major health care bills
- Health care law may hamper limited insurance plans
- Lawyer says Whitman's husband saw ex-maid letter
- Whitman fires back about illegal immigrant maid
- McDonald's denies report of dropping health care
- Medicaid enrollment spikes to 48M in weak economy
- House clears stopgap spending bill for Obama
- Senate adopts stopgap spending bill
- Boxer, Fiorina clash over health care, immigration
- Congress punts tough choice until after election
- Kremlin fires defiant Moscow mayor after 18 years
- Kremlin fires Moscow mayor after 18 years
- Kremlin fires iconic Moscow mayor after 18 years
- Health insurer rule draft yields few surprises
- Obama pursues currency spat in meeting with China
- Coats: Try repeal, then 'move on'
- Insurers stop selling new child-only health plans
- Tax, spending cuts top GOP campaign-year 'Pledge'
- AP Interview: Clinton says Dems can keep majority
- Obama, White House boosting health law at 6 months
- Russian gay activist says he was seized by agents
- Travelers spends $720,000 on lobbying in 2nd qtr
- Prudential spends $2.89 million lobbying in 2Q
- Manufacturing group spent $1.11M in 2Q lobbying