PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Rhode Island Democratic candidate for governor Frank Caprio on Friday criticized his independent rival Lincoln Chafee over Chafee's acknowledgment that his old Senate campaign committee of $18,400 in back taxes and fees due to a misunderstanding of tax regulations by his campaign treasurers.
WASHINGTON - Democrats are pouring money into roughly two-dozen districts around the country and pulling it back from others as they struggle to keep control of the House in the campaign's closing weeks.
DENVER - Businessmen gather at an empty Denver Broncos stadium, with an ominous warning: The more than 70,000 vacant seats around them represent the number of state jobs that would be lost if three tax-slashing and debt-cutting measures are approved in next month's election.
CRESSKILL, N.J. - President Barack Obama asked wealthy donors Wednesday to help him close an "enthusiasm gap" with Republicans four weeks ahead of pivotal midterm elections.
CONCORD, N.H. - New Hampshire Democratic Senate candidate Paul Hodes says his Republican rival is being hypocritical when she attacks health care reforms that provide coverage to uninsured Americans.
- Biden says he'll 'strangle' Republicans
- Rand Paul, national Democrats escalate ad war
- Ex-NY gov's group targets NH Dems on health care
- GOP-allied group weighs in with $4 million in ads
- IRS asked to examine big-spending GOP-allied group
- GOP spending $2 million in Calif. Senate race
- Will voters believe Dem or GOP message on economy?
- Economy pitch mainly a blame game for both parties
- Details emerge on no-tax California budget pact
- National Dems bash McMahon in Conn. Senate race ad
- Ethnic Russian party gains before Latvian vote
- Boehner urges congressional reform as vote nears
- Women a key on Nov. 2; Dems' gender edge closing?
- House GOP leader suggests 'cut-as-you-go' budget
- House clears stopgap spending bill for Obama
- Senate adopts stopgap spending bill
- Democrats want stronger FDA voice on recalls
- Congress punts tough choice until after election
- 47 House Dems side with GOP on investment taxes
- 47 House Dems want to extend investment tax cuts
- Senate bill to tax firms that export jobs fails
- Senate Dems try to punish firms that export jobs
- GOP groups overwhelm Dems with political ads
- White House, Dems see tax cut vote after election
- Obama takes on GOP on taxes, economy
- AP-GfK Poll: GOP more fired up as elections near
- Dems try to deflect voter anger toward Wall Street
- Democrats criticize Johnson for federal grant
- Democrats delay vote on extending Bush tax cuts
- GOP senator blocks food safety bill
- Stark differences: How GOP, Democrats would rule
- GOP's Pence demands no new taxes during recession
- GOP 'Pledge' makes closing argument to voters
- Democrats close to delaying vote on Bush tax cuts
- Federal help boosts vulnerable Democrats