Protests And Demonstrations
PARIS - Hundreds of thousands of protesters young and old demonstrated in France on Saturday, waving union flags and pressing conservative President Nicolas Sarkozy to drop plans to raise the retirement age from 60 to 62.
TOKYO - Three Japanese held by China for allegedly entering a restricted military zone arrived back home Friday as tensions over a territorial dispute eased.
TOKYO - Three Japanese held by China for allegedly entering a restricted military zone were due to return home Friday as tensions over a territorial dispute eased.
QUITO, Ecuador - Soldiers firing concussion grenades and automatic weapons have rescued Ecuador's president from a hospital where he had been trapped by rebellious police for more than 12 hours.
LONDON - European and U.S.
- General strike in Spain against austerity measures
- Stocks slip as European protests worsen debt fears
- 'Toxic bank' cement truck blocks Irish parliament
- European strikes weigh on stock markets
- Anti-austerity protests sweep across Europe
- General strike starts in Spain against austerity
- Unions count on 100,000 protesters at EU
- Romanian govt in uproar amid austerity protests
- Japanese protest plans for downtown Nike park
- New strikes in France over retirement age
- France braces for day of strikes Thursday
- Stocks waver as traders move into Treasurys, gold
- 15 killed in disputed Kashmir in deadly protests
- India forces battle Kashmiri protesters; 15 killed
- Motorists fill tanks ahead of Greek strike
- India forces battle Kashmiri protesters; 14 killed
- Greek prime minister outlines economic policy
- Greek protesters confront government on economy
- Greek protesters to confront government on economy
- Greek protesters to confront thrifty government
- Greece pledges to overhaul loss-making state rail
- In Gulf work camp, jobless begin glum journey home
- Strikes in France, London foreshadow more protests
- Mozambique government reverses bread price hike
- Commuters walloped by strikes in France, London
- French unions launch strike over pension overhaul
- Mobs attack home of Iranian opposition leader
- Government: Mozambique lost $3M because of riots
- France firm on raising retirement despite protests
- Gunfire continues in Mozambique; police say 4 dead
- Angry over prices, protesters march in Mozambique
- Farmer-turned-hunger striker dies in Venezuela
- China media: Police accidentally killed Tibetan
- Older activists, younger crowd team to fight nukes
- Thousands expected at Beck's DC rally