PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Rhode Island Democratic candidate for governor Frank Caprio on Friday criticized his independent rival Lincoln Chafee over Chafee's acknowledgment that his old Senate campaign committee of $18,400 in back taxes and fees due to a misunderstanding of tax regulations by his campaign treasurers.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Independent Rhode Island gubernatorial Lincoln Chafee's old Senate campaign committee failed to pay federal and state taxes for five years and owes an estimated $18,400 in taxes and penalties, a campaign aide told The Associated Press on Thursday.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Monday that the economy could be helped by another round of asset purchases by the central bank.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The economy could be hurt if Congress and the White House fail to come up with a plan to curb the nation's huge budget deficits in the coming years, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke warned Monday.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke says the economy could be hurt if Congress and the White House fail to curb the nation's huge budget deficits in the coming years.
- Fed's Bernanke speaks to college students in RI
- Jobless RI residents gather for summit
- Gay candidates for Congress draw interest, hope
- Dem attacks Chafee's tax plan in new RI gov TV ad
- RI-Schilling deal expected to close in mid-Sept.
- Product recalls: bottle warmers, cheese
- Chafee denied bid to protest RI offer to Schilling
- Lead paint cos. appeal RI decision on lawsuit cost
- RI tries to lure Schilling game company from Mass.
- Hasbro says it isn't in talks to go private
- Carcieri has 'major concerns' about RI casino bill
- RI judge: Lead paint firms must cover own costs
- Aircraft delivery drop hurts Textron 1Q results
- Settlers-vs.-Indians board game rankles tribes
- Lin TV posts jump in 1st-quarter revenue
- RI unemployment rate unchanged at 12.7 percent
- GMAC finance chief leaving for private equity job
- Stop & Shop reaches deals with 5 NE labor unions
- Kennedy won't seek re-election, marking end of era
- Kennedy 'taking a new direction'
- Kennedy won't run for re-election in RI
- RI gov calls for local cost-cutting reforms
- Textron shares fall after weak 2010 outlook
- RI court: National law firm can open local branch
- RI lawmakers start year without talk of recession
- Chafee joins RI governor race as an independent
- RI economic development nominee declines job
- RI gov wants $4M cut to hospitals amid recession
- Storm-walloped East Coast returns to work _ slowly
- Storm crawls into New England, leaving mess behind
- Snow storm hits southern New England
- RI governor defends funding cuts to cities, towns
- RI gov cuts millions in local aid to close deficit
- New book chronicles Newport's rich and glamorous
- Nominee at RI economic agency promises jobs focus