Recessions And Depressions
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Even as California lawmakers passed a budget Friday to end an unprecedented 100-day impasse, their spending plan looked to be so tenuous that the next governor was expected to face a multibillion dollar deficit from the moment he or she steps into office next year.
WASHINGTON - There's no relief from the jobs crisis - for everyday Americans or lawmakers facing the midterm elections.
WASHINGTON - The head of the International Monetary Fund on Friday urged global finance ministers to stop trying to manipulate their currencies for economic advantage and instead to join to save a fragile recovery.
WASHINGTON - Businesses have been restocking store shelves since the recession ended, a sign that they expect the economic recovery to continue.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - California lawmakers finally sent a financially shaky budget to Gov.
- Economy loses 95K jobs due to government layoffs
- Economy likely creating some jobs, but not enough
- Bennet, Buck ramp up attacks in Colo. Senate race
- Ohio governor candidates clash on taxes, spending
- Assembly passes main bill in Calif. budget package
- Tax-slashing proposals scare GOP, Democrats
- Congressional estimate: $1.3T deficit for 2010
- Unemployment claims drop, while job openings rise
- Job openings increase for second straight month
- Unemployment claims drop for 4th time in 5 weeks
- UK grocer Tesco's H1 profit up 15 percent
- Strength in emerging economies raises trade fears
- Housing slump hammers local government tax revenue
- Midnight grocery runs capture economic desperation
- What makes a group smart; executive turnover
- IMF sees global economy gaining, US growth slowing
- Costco 4Q net income rises on strength overseas
- Global stocks rally again amid Fed easing hopes
- China calls for more Asian clout in global economy
- August factory orders decline 0.5 percent
- Greece aims to beat deficit target with new budget
- Will voters believe Dem or GOP message on economy?
- Economy pitch mainly a blame game for both parties
- TV exit poll: Latvian government wins re-election
- Aging work force inspires utility worker training
- Home Depot pins remodeling hopes on Martha Stewart
- Fed's Dudley says more economic aid likely
- Economy gets lift from government aid
- White House: Stimulus law working as promised
- Top Fed official says more economic aid likely
- Midwest economic survey shows some improvement
- Consumer spending and incomes both rise in August
- Holiday hiring picture gets a bit merrier
- Boehner urges congressional reform as vote nears
- Postal service denied rate increases for mail