Residential Real Estate
WASHINGTON - Bank of America on Friday halted foreclosures on homes across the country so it could review paperwork in tens of thousands of cases for flaws, expanding a crisis at a perilous time for the housing market.
SHANGHAI - Authorities in China's largest city have ordered that families be allowed to only purchase one home each, part of a series of moves aimed at cooling surging property prices.
NEW YORK - Rates on 30-year mortgages fell to the lowest level in decades for the ninth time in 12 weeks, pushed down by traders anticipating a move by the Federal Reserve to pump more money into the economy.
WASHINGTON - Applications for mortgages to buy homes rose last week to the highest level since May, while overall applications were down slightly.
WASHINGTON - The number of people who signed contracts to buy homes rose in August for the second straight month but remained far below last year's pace.
- Home Depot pins remodeling hopes on Martha Stewart
- China curbs lending in move to cool housing market
- Home prices to take hit next year in many markets
- McCourts begin negotiations in divorce case
- Settlement talks Friday in McCourt divorce case
- Home sales on pace to finish year as bad as 2009
- Ahead of the Bell: August home sales
- Average mortgage rates unchanged at 4.37 pct.
- Home sales up 7.6 pct. in August; sales still weak
- GMAC stops some evictions, foreclosed home sales
- Homebuilders' confidence stuck at 18-month low
- Stocks extend September rally ahead of Fed meeting
- Stocks set to extend rally ahead of Fed meeting
- US homes lost to foreclosure up 25 pct on year
- Home sales drop 13.8 percent in August in S. Calif
- Mortgage rates edge up; Housing market still slow
- McCourt says he took out Dodger loan to help wife
- Data shows jobless claims drop, retail sales rise
- Pending home sales rise 5.2 percent in July
- Ponzi scheme shakes West African nation of Benin
- Banks to allow local groups to buy foreclosures
- Dodgers owner takes stand in own divorce trial
- Gold, silver rise as investors seek safer assets
- Home prices rise in 17 cities in June
- Architectural gems languish on Calif. home market
- Marquee homes languish on Calif. housing market
- Economic growth slows to 1.6 pct. in the spring
- Snapshot of economy about to get a lot bleaker
- Number of underwater mortgages in US fell in 2Q
- Scarcity of jobs puts more at risk of foreclosure
- One in 10 with a mortgage face foreclosure
- Summary Box: Home sales, goods orders both sink
- Bad news on homes, goods adds to air of recession
- Ohio home sales drop 35 pct from June to July
- Recovery in danger as firms, homebuyers cut back