SACRAMENTO, Calif. - While there are good reasons to own, Gov.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Even as California lawmakers passed a budget Friday to end an unprecedented 100-day impasse, their spending plan looked to be so tenuous that the next governor was expected to face a multibillion dollar deficit from the moment he or she steps into office next year.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - California lawmakers finally sent a financially shaky budget to Gov.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - California entered its record 100th day without a budget Friday as state lawmakers worked through the night without reaching final agreement on a plan to close a $19 billion budget deficit.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - California entered its record 100th day without a budget early Friday as the state Senate struggled to pass the main bill in a legislative package aimed at ending the budget impasse and close a $19 billion deficit.
- Calif. Legislature begins budget debate _ finally
- Calif. budget plan relies on accounting maneuvers
- High court OKs Schwarzenegger's line-item vetoes
- Calif. high court upholds Schwarzenegger furloughs
- Details emerge on no-tax California budget pact
- California nears budget vote to end record impasse
- Calif. gov, legislative leaders reach budget deal
- Calif. leaders to meet again to tackle budget
- Calif. high court to post furlough decision Monday
- Governor vetoes bill seeking companies' WWII roles
- Schwarzenegger signs major health care bills
- Calif. set to enter fourth month without a budget
- Boxer, Fiorina clash over health care, immigration
- Calif. governor, lawmakers cancel budget meeting
- Whitman's Fresno-Detroit comparison draws heat
- Detroit to Whitman: Invest in struggling cities
- Whitman compares economy in Fresno to Detroit
- AP Investigation: Calif. pension bonuses examined
- Calif. breaking record on longest budget impasse
- Calif. budget impasse about to become longest ever
- Democrat Brown releases 1st ads attacking Whitman
- Jerry Brown mocks Bill Clinton over campaign clip
- Schwarzenegger, Palin trade Twitter jabs
- Schwarzenegger heads to Asia for promotional tour
- Calif. Assembly limits media recording of sessions
- Calif. rejects ban on plastic shopping bags
- Calif. passes bills responding to city pay scandal
- Cash-strapped Calif. county approves hospital tax
- Voters decide future of cash-strapped Calif county
- Calif. bill seeks to ban plastic shopping bags
- Jet that blew out tires in hard landing towed away
- Bill in Calif. would help farmworkers form unions
- 'Tax lady' Roni Deutch says lawsuit is political
- California bill to reform pet insurance advances
- California to delay payments sooner than expected