SAO PAULO - A one-time Marxist guerrilla chosen by Brazil's most popular leader in history to succeed him was the front-runner in Sunday's presidential election and hoped to pull off what even her predecessor couldn't: a first-round win with no need for a runoff.
SAO PAULO - Brazilians vote Sunday in national elections that could see front-running candidate Dilma Rousseff become the country's first female president, succeeding her popular ally and mentor.
SAO PAULO - The emcee's voice begins rising to a crescendo rivaling that of any Las Vegas ring announcer, a yell driving through a dense tropical rain that concisely explains what Brazil's adored president means to his nation.
SAO PAULO - Brazil's state-run oil company was set Thursday to announce pricing for the world's largest share offering, with the expected proceeds of $79 billion being used to tap some of the largest oil reserves discovered in decades.
SAO PAULO - Brazilian oil giant Petrobras is set to launch the world's biggest market capitalization, with a planned sale of new shares worth almost 120.3 billion reais ($70 billion).
- Petrobras raises $70B in biggest share offer
- Petrobras raises $70B in offer, world's largest
- Scandals not slowing Brazil front runner
- Brazil Indians free workers at hydroelectric site
- Brazil Indians block workers at hydroelectric site
- Now it's Brazil's turn to get ready for the WCup
- NYC to plunk down pianos at ferry, Brooklyn Bridge
- Brazil's mood confident as 2 unknowns vie to Silva
- Brazil sees record 9 pct economic growth in 1Q
- Silva's Brazil star shines brighter with Iran deal
- Air India to join Star Alliance by March 2011
- Ambitious Brazil housing plan would replace slums
- Big Brazilian retail groups to review deal
- Brazil signals hike in benchmark interest rate
- Brazil to shelve probe of Central Bank president
- UN report: Overall number of slum dwellers up
- Brazil's Silva: A Rousseff win would KO machismo
- Preteen samba queen to parade at Rio's Carnival
- Preteen Carnival queen set to parade in Rio
- Profits up 11 pct for Brazil's Vale in Q4
- Shell and Brazil's Cosan sign $12B energy deal
- Brazil's Silva suffers spike in blood pressure
- Brazil thieves tunnel to $6M during football final
- Brazil thieves tunnel their way to nearly $6M
- Brazilian oil giant announces new offshore find