BAGHDAD - Iraq's oil minister on Monday sharply boosted the estimate on the country's proven reserves of oil to 143.1 billion barrels, an almost 25 percent increase that transforms the war-ravaged nation into the home of the world's second-largest proven reserves of conventional crude oil.
NEW YORK - Sally Buzbee, a deputy managing editor of The Associated Press who has held leadership positions for the news cooperative in Washington, the Middle East and New York, has been named chief of the Washington bureau.
UNITED NATIONS - Nations concerned about the growing strength of al-Qaida and other Islamic extremists in Yemen called Friday for economic, social and political reforms to stabilize the country.
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's most senior religious leader has ordered a conservative cleric to stop giving unauthorized edicts after his call for boycotting a supermarket chain that employs women as cashiers.
- Sri Lanka maid says Saudi boss stuck nails in her
- Barnes & Noble, AOL, Whole Foods among big movers
- BAE Systems returns to H1 profit
- Obama: Bond between US, Israel 'unbreakable'
- Obama, Netanyahu to focus on peace talks
- Obama, lawmakers to discuss energy, immigration
- US tops list of unpaid London traffic toll fees
- Saudi gold reserves over twice previous estimate
- Bahrain-based bank targets its Saudi parent
- Presidential addresses from Oval Office since 1981
- Afghans: US finds mineral riches in Afghanistan
- Report: US finds mineral riches in Afghanistan
- Iran expects to hold trial soon for 3 Americans
- China reaps benefits of Iraq war with oil deals
- European chill as G20 finance heads meet in SKorea
- German leader seeks to boost trade with Gulf
- First non-Latin Internet domain names activated
- Nigeria President Yar'Adua dies after long illness
- Rights group: Mideast maids unprotected from abuse
- ConocoPhillips 1Q profit jumps on oil prices
- UAE proposes site near Saudi border for reactors
- ConocoPhillips pulls out of Saudi refinery project
- Syncrude deal part of China's oil shopping spree
- Saudi: Israel's arrogance challenges the world
- Arab world says hopes in Obama are dwindling
- Saudi sees OPEC output steady for rest of year
- Saudi sees steady OPEC output for 2010
- OPEC ministers to keep present output targets
- Nigeria: First lady has growing role in power play
- News Corp. buys 9 percent of Mideast's Rotana
- Nigeria's new president yet to convince masses
- Iran's supreme leader denies seeking nuclear arms
- Iran's supreme leader criticizes US military moves
- Clinton warns of Mideast nuclear arms race
- AP Top News at 8:42 a.m. EST