LONDON - Pursuit of the quick buck is undermining Britain's economy, a government minister said Wednesday as he announced a review of corporate governance, executive pay and takeovers.
EDINBURGH, Scotland - A huge party is under way in Scotland's capital, but there are a couple of clouds in the sky.
LONDON - Part-nationalized Royal Bank of Scotland said Friday it made a profit of 257 million pounds ($409 million) in the second quarter, due to large one-time gains, although losses from bad loans increased.
LONDON - Part-nationalized Royal Bank of Scotland says it made a profit of 257 million pounds ($409 million) in the second quarter of the year although losses from bad loans increased.
LONDON - There were wide smiles, thoughtful gifts and polite - if corny - jokes.
- British Open prize money rises as pound slumps
- Fitch removes negative watch on Citizens Financial
- Scottish protesters plan to bogey Trump's course
- Britain: Clegg 'impatient' to resolve impasse
- UK's Gordon Brown to resign as prime minister
- UK's Brown to resign with government at stake
- With government at stake, UK's Brown to resign
- RBS cuts 2,600 more jobs
- Royal Bank of Scotland 1Q loss narrows
- Gordon Brown: From leader-in-waiting to has-been?
- Volcanic ash snarls Scottish, Irish air services
- Gordon Brown: a survivor fighting to avoid defeat
- Irish drinks maker C&C sells liquor unit to Grant
- Lloyds Banking Group reports Q1 profit
- RBS sells German unit to GE Capital
- Royal Bank of Scotland loses $5.5 billion in 2009
- RBS registers better-than-expected loss in 2009
- Royal Bank of Scotland in 2009 loss of 3.6B pounds
- Paul Smith goes all English at London Fashion Week
- RBS sells some commodity businesses to J.P. Morgan
- US taking another look at Scotland's haggis
- Banker lashes out at "political interference"