Drug data firm IMS Health now considers 17 countries to be "emerging markets" for prescription drug sales.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan government officials took over management of a leading farm supply business Tuesday after President Hugo Chavez ordered the company to be expropriated.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez signed a decree Monday to expropriate a leading farm-supply business, promising to bring down prices of seeds and fertilizers as his government takes control.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez promised on Monday to bring down prices of seeds and fertilizer as his government takes over a leading farm-supply business.
SAO PAULO - A one-time Marxist guerrilla chosen by Brazil's most popular leader in history to succeed him was the front-runner in Sunday's presidential election and hoped to pull off what even her predecessor couldn't: a first-round win with no need for a runoff.
- Brazil to pick successor for popular president
- In election, Brazil's Silva hopes for victory lap
- Ecuador troops clash with rebellious police
- Problem at Hovensa refinery triggers oil burnoff
- Chavez fights for control in congressional vote
- Petrobras set to price biggest share offer
- Petrobras raises $70B in biggest share offer
- Petrobras raises $70B in offer, world's largest
- Peru cops take power plant back from coca growers
- Peru coca growers paralyze power plant
- Emerging markets offer growth, and fishmeal
- Scandals not slowing Brazil front runner
- Study: Commodities can fuel Latin America's growth
- Election official: Chavez breaking campaign rules
- Farmer-turned-hunger striker dies in Venezuela
- New video gives tour of trapped miners' refuge
- Accident brings scrutiny to Chile's mining system
- Chavez's popularity down in Venezuela, polls finds
- Argentine president moves to control newsprint
- Paraguay's president works from home during chemo
- Venezuelan newspaper says photo ban political
- Venezuela bans violent photos in newspaper
- No fun intended: Brazil forbids election spoofing
- Protesters end blockades paralyzing Bolivia area
- Angle on private Social Security: Chile's done it
- Colombia, Venezuela restore diplomatic relations
- Report: Argentina not meeting women's health needs
- Earnings drop at Venezuela's state oil company
- Mercosur trade bloc agrees to reduce customs fees
- BP's Dudley to visit Russia 2 years after ejection
- BP to sell Colombian assets for $1.9 billion
- Archer Daniels Midland 4Q net income surges
- Israel to take part in UN probe of flotilla raid
- Colombia denies hostile intent toward Venezuela
- Helmerich reports 3Q loss on Venezuelan takeover