PARIS - The French oil refiners' union warned Friday that a dock workers' strike in Marseille threatens to shut six refineries in southern France beginning this weekend.
DETROIT - Musicians dressed in tuxedos and black performance attire hit the picket line Monday after refusing to accept pay cuts of more than 30 percent demanded by the financially struggling Detroit Symphony Orchestra.
MADRID - A general strike against Spain's austerity measures saw tens of thousands of people take to the streets on Wednesday in protests that canceled flights, halted produce shipments and caused clashes between police and the public.
LONDON - European markets fell Wednesday as protests against austerity measures raised worries about countries' ability to cut heavy debt loads, offsetting for now any hopes that the Federal Reserve might move to boost the U.S.
- Anti-austerity protests sweep across Europe
- General strike starts in Spain against austerity
- Hundreds of medical workers strike in Jamaica
- New strikes in France over retirement age
- France slammed by new strikes over retirement age
- France braces for day of strikes Thursday
- Striking Mott's NY plant workers OK new contract
- Strikes in France, London foreshadow more protests
- Commuters walloped by strikes in France, London
- London commuters struggle as strike closes subway
- S.African gov't ups wage offer to civil servants
- Striking Wash. Coca-Cola workers to return to work
- South Africans protest nationwide for higher pay
- Nigeria: State power company workers go on strike
- Why we strike: S.African civil servants struggle
- Violence erupts during South Africa strike
- Civil servants' union calls strike in South Africa
- BAA, union hold talks to avert airports strike
- Airport operator, union in talks to avert strike
- Spanish air traffic controllers vote to strike
- Truckers suspend strike, to talk with government