PHILADELPHIA - Amtrak on Tuesday unveiled a $117 billion, 30-year vision for a high-speed rail line on the East Coast that would drastically reduce travel times along the congested corridor using trains traveling up to 220 miles per hour.
NEWARK, N.J. - Two transportation agencies have launched a campaign to encourage travelers to take the train to Newark's airport.
MOSCOW, Russia - The centuries-old monasteries and country estates on Moscow's outskirts may speak to Russia's history and traditions, but the train trips to get to them say a lot about what Russia is like today.
NEWARK, N.J. - In a snag all too familiar to commuters in a rail-dependent region, Amtrak and regional transit agencies halted trains throughout the Northeast for more than an hour at the height of the morning rush Tuesday because of power problems that apparently began in the Washington area.
NEW YORK - Passengers traveling in New York City and its suburbs on the nation's largest commuter train system can expect major headaches.
- Tokyo, old and new, can be enjoyed on the cheap
- Officials: Slow go for high-speed New England rail
- 'See something, say something' drive begins in NYC
- To track traveling teens, just follow the money
- Amtrak makes free wireless part of Acela service
- 4 plans compete to provide LA-Vegas train service
- US Transport Sec wraps up train tour in China
- Reports: NKorean leader travels to China
- Transportation head praises Conn. for rail project
- More aboard! Amtrak weighs long route improvements
- Thousands of BA flights canceled as crew on strike
- Peru says Machu Picchu service back soon
- Striking Lufthansa pilots to suspend their walkout
- White House doles out $8 billion for fast trains
- White House to dole out $8 billion for fast trains
- White House to dole out $8 billion in rail grants
- Ohio lands stimulus money for passenger train
- All aboard! No. 1 UConn trains to Philly
- Amtrak delays expected through late afternoon
- Northeast train problems strand holiday travelers
- Eurostar races to get passengers home for holidays
- Eurostar resumes service between Paris and London
- Eurostar trains to run Tuesday after 3-day delay
- Sarkozy demands Eurostar restart Tuesday
- Eurostar train services canceled indefinitely
- Eurostar train service suspended; 55,000 affected
- London-Paris train link suspended; 55,000 affected
- 2,000 trapped as Eurostar trains break down
- Survey finds travelers taking health precautions
- Amtrak's Downeaster hopes to tap stimulus money
- Belgrade-Sarajevo train resumes after 18 years
- Fla. House passes commuter high-speed rail bill
- "Climate Express" to Copenhagen lowers footprint
- Rail passengers get new EU compensation rights
- Science group offers green travel advice