CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan government officials took over management of a leading farm supply business Tuesday after President Hugo Chavez ordered the company to be expropriated.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez signed a decree Monday to expropriate a leading farm-supply business, promising to bring down prices of seeds and fertilizers as his government takes control.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez promised on Monday to bring down prices of seeds and fertilizer as his government takes over a leading farm-supply business.
CHARLOTTE AMALIE, U.S. Virgin Islands - A problem at the Hovensa LLC oil refinery triggered a burnoff of heavy oil Thursday that sent up a plume of black smoke, a spokesman said.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela is awaiting the results of congressional elections, and President Hugo Chavez's opponents are hoping to break his long-standing monopoly on power in the National Assembly.
- Election official: Chavez breaking campaign rules
- Farmer-turned-hunger striker dies in Venezuela
- Chavez's popularity down in Venezuela, polls finds
- Venezuelan newspaper says photo ban political
- Venezuela bans violent photos in newspaper
- Colombia, Venezuela restore diplomatic relations
- Earnings drop at Venezuela's state oil company
- Mercosur trade bloc agrees to reduce customs fees
- BP's Dudley to visit Russia 2 years after ejection
- Colombia denies hostile intent toward Venezuela
- Helmerich reports 3Q loss on Venezuelan takeover
- Weak revenue, Venezuela hit Colgate's 2Q
- Fidel absent, Raul silent at Cuba's Revolution Day
- Oliver Stone: US should nationalize oil resources
- Despite Chavez, Venezuela economy not socialist
- Dutch, Venezuelan diplomats discuss differences
- Venezuela denounces Colombia accusations on rebels
- Chavez formalizes seizure of US-owned oil rigs
- US envoy concerned about relations with Venezuela
- Venezuela seizes oil rigs owned by US company
- Chavez shuffles Cabinet ahead of elections
- Chavez: Venezuela looks to seize banker's assets
- Venezuela takes control of another private bank
- Chavez targets alcohol, smoking in Venezuela
- Chavez lifts electricity rationing in Venezuela
- Clinton to Colombia: We will stand with you
- Venezuela relaunches market for currency exchange
- Venezuela inflation dips to 2.6 pct in May
- Venezuela to relaunch market for currency exchange
- Venezuela sets up bond market with new controls
- Surging costs hit food security in poorer nations
- Chavez: Rotten food at state-run port stinks
- Business leaders deny plotting against Chavez
- Workers in Venezuela on alert after Chavez warning
- Venezuela economy down 5.8 percent in 1st quarter