SALAMANCA, Spain - Fernando Llorente scored twice to help world champion Spain beat Lithuania 3-1 Friday in a 2012 European Championship qualifier.
LONDON - Kraft Chief Executive Irene Rosenfeld made her first visit to British chocolate maker Cadbury's historic base in Bournville, England, on Friday to meet management and employees.
PARIS - The French oil refiners' union warned Friday that a dock workers' strike in Marseille threatens to shut six refineries in southern France beginning this weekend.
LONDON - The Dow Jones index breached the 11,000 mark for the first time since May as world stocks recovered Friday on mounting expectations that the Federal Reserve will ease monetary policy further next month following weak U.S.
LONDON - The Premier League approved the proposed sale of Liverpool to the American owners of the Boston Red Sox on Friday, and could end up docking the club nine points if the takeover falls through.
- Landmark London hotel to reopen after overhaul
- BP trading unit review eyes emerging markets
- Weak US jobs data keeps stocks in retreat
- Euro defense companies warn against program cuts
- Stock markets down ahead of US jobs data
- German exports dip on the month
- Cyprus, Russia boost ties with 15 agreements
- Allied Irish to sell M&T Bank stake valued at $2B
- World stocks volatile as eyes turn to US jobs data
- Currency volatility threatens growth, Trichet says
- ECB's Trichet warns on currency volatility
- EU backs bank tax, fuzzy on use of revenue
- French report suggests hotels in chateaux
- PepsiCo's 3Q profit rises, but narrows guidance
- ECB leaves interest rate unchanged at 1 percent
- World markets flat but dollar slide continues
- EU backs bank levy, fuzzy on use of revenue
- Renault sells $4.2B stake in truck maker Volvo
- Liverpool fans skeptical of another American owner
- Marks and Spencer sales up 5.3 pct in last quarter
- Eurostar chooses Siemens to build new trains
- BP, Azerbaijan reach Caspian Sea oil deal
- Markets await Trichet's comments on strong euro
- Red Sox group set for takeover of Liverpool team
- GE's Dresser deal taps into the natural gas boom
- Homegrown fundraising harnesses power of the pink
- UK grocer Tesco's H1 profit up 15 percent
- Analyst starts coverage of Steve Madden Ltd.
- Red Sox owners pledge to remove Liverpool's debt
- Disneyland Paris worker dies in apparent accident
- UK leader seeks wartime spirit in austerity drive
- Red Sox trying their hand, and foot, at new sport
- Fed easing hopes sustain stocks but hits dollar
- Stocks ease on soft US jobs data as dollar slides
- Liverpool board agrees on sale to Red Sox owners