Ten-year-old Parker Salinas considers herself one lucky little girl and a lifelong believer in the power of pink.
MINNEAPOLIS - The University of Minnesota and the Mayo Clinic announced Tuesday they hope to raise between $250 million and $350 million for expanded research into treatments and a cure for diabetes.
OLYMPIA, Wash. - The state that produced America's richest man has never taken a cut of its residents' income.
LONDON - A wealthy British businessman who owns the company that makes the two-wheeled Segway has been found dead in a river in northern England after apparently falling off a cliff on one of the vehicles, police said Monday.
NEW YORK - Former President Bill Clinton's three-day conference for VIPs with deep pockets generated nearly 300 new commitments valued at $6 billion to tackle major global issues from poverty and disease to climate change.
- Vintners having a ball with harvest dinners
- Student gardeners throng Muhammad Ali in hometown
- British Museum gets $38 million gift
- Backers of NYC mosque appear divided, regretful
- Backer of NYC mosque gave to Hamas-linked charity
- Builders of NYC mosque face financial hurdles
- State parks explore corporate sponsorship
- Billionaire picks downtown LA site for art museum
- Little Fenway a big hit for players and charity
- NABC tells coaches NCAA will nix Pump Foundation
- Israeli report: Flotilla raid planning was flawed
- Israel to release critical report on flotilla raid
- Gaza aid ship leaves Greece for Egypt
- Lawmaker ties to banking business go beyond norm
- Lawmakers writing financial law have industry ties
- Gates Foundation, USAID offer prizes to help Haiti
- 2009 charitable giving falls 3.6 percent in US
- Malaysia tycoon in betting spat makes charity vow
- High court to hear Arizona school case
- Lilly Endowment's assets drop 7 percent to $5.3B
- New Panera location says pay what you want
- Food companies will remove 1.5 trillion calories
- Wal-Mart plans $2B push on hunger relief
- Wal-Mart to ramp up hunger relief donations to $2B
- David Rubenstein gives $5M to Library of Congress
- WaMu shareholders lose request for examiner
- Conan O'Brien elected to JFK Library Foundation
- Kennedy Center gets $22.5M gift from DeVos family
- Daunting task ahead to secure Detroit's future
- NYC mayor: I can't control offshore charity funds
- 25 years of prize money, Boston still runs strong
- Obamas: $5.5 million income, $1.8 million tax bill
- White House: Obamas earn $5.5 million in 2009
- Charity to give $100M in grants for new art spaces
- Merck executive is new Gates Foundation CFO