HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe's health minister says the southern African country needs $700 million to restore health services shattered by a decade of political and economic turmoil.
BISMARCK, N.D. - Cool, wet weather at planting and again at harvest means North Dakota farmers still are out in the fields and few days behind getting durum, which is used to make semolina flour for pasta, in the bin.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algeria and Russia signed six deals Wednesday in sectors including energy and transportation during a visit by Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.
DAKAR, Senegal - An international aid agency says 400 children have died from lead poisoning in northwestern Nigeria and contamination has spread to two more villages.
CAIRO - The International Monetary Fund says the Middle East and North Africa region is recovering strongly following the global financial meltdown, with sizable stimulus packages and continued strength in oil prices supporting the rebound.
- Paper: Egyptian publisher sacks dissident editor
- US, European envoys pressing to save Mideast talks
- Sally Buzbee named AP Washington bureau chief
- South Africa to research mood-lifting plant
- Italy's Unicredit taps Ghizzoni as CEO
- Agree to our terms or go, Zimbabwe tells investors
- Egypt's Orascom faces new Algeria tax bill
- Mining company makes discovery in Mozambique
- Wal-Mart offers to buy Massmart for $4.25B
- Key witness in Rwandan genocide-linked case dies
- SAfrica to research mine nationalization proposal
- Africans seek funds to increase Somali force
- Obama announces new US approach on development
- Rampl to be interim CEO at Unicredit
- For Obama, time to remind the world of his agenda
- Police demolish shacks in Cape Town, clashes erupt
- Unicredit CEO Profumo fights for job
- Sarkozy pledges more to fight against poverty
- Nigeria commission asks for more time before poll
- Village becomes lab for curing Africa's problems
- World leaders to spotlight goals to help poor
- SAfrica groups call for leftward economic shift
- No deal: Mideast round ends amid fresh violence
- Talking Mideast peace as mortar shells, bombs fall
- Nigeria's leader declares election bid on Facebook
- Clinton says time is ripe for Mideast deal
- Oil driller claims 2nd offshore oil find for Ghana
- Congo extends mining ban to 3 other volatile areas
- Machel: Mozambique must tackle broad food crisis
- AIDS doctors, activists call for more health funds
- UN chief in Rwanda over threatened Sudan pullout
- Nigeria to hold presidential election on Jan. 22
- Mozambique government reverses bread price hike
- Egypt reactor failed in April says nuclear chief
- US pressure leads to ban on beggars in Dakar