Animation And Comics
NEW YORK - Comic book fans will soon be getting their first glimpse at an unlikely new superhero - a Muslim boy in a wheelchair with superpowers.
PARIS - It's just about the last thing you'd expect to see in the Hall of Mirrors, the long, gilded gallery that's considered the jewel of France's most awe-inspiring of palaces, Versailles: Two oversized, tendril-sprouting globes covered with cartoonish grinning flowers in eye-popping pinks, greens and yellows.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The comic strip "Cathy," which has chronicled the life, frustrations and swimsuit season meltdowns of its namesake for more than 30 years, is coming to an end.
LOS ANGELES - Leonardo DiCaprio's "Inception" has won a battle of superstar action thrillers over Angelina Jolie's "Salt" at the weekend box office.
WASHINGTON - Will Beetle Bailey ever run out of hideouts where he can catch a nap? Will Sarge ever tire of tracking him down and putting him to work? "I hope not," says Mort Walker, creator of the long-running comic strip.
- Biff! Pow! Comic artists clash over copyrights
- Recall raises questions about promotional glasses
- Feds sue 6 websites for offering free comic books
- 'Annie' comic strip ending after 85 years
- Buffett's animated money lessons to premiere
- Katzenberg: 3-D revenues can offset DVD slump
- The 2010 Pulitzer Prize winners
- China making anime push as Japan hits slump
- 'Toy Story' creator Pixar earns theater award
- Disney, Starz sign extend film licensing deal
- Twitter names CFO of Pixar as its CFO
- HK studio behind 'TMNT,' 'Astro Boy' shuts down
- Tracking the awards leading up to the Oscars
- Cameron's 'Avatar' wins best drama honor at Globes
- 'Hangover' wins best comedy or musical Globe
- 'Hangover' wins Globe for best musical or comedy
- Cameron, Streep, Mo'Nique win Golden Globes
- Marvel sues to keep Spider-Man, X-Men copyrights
- Marvel shareholders approve acquisition by Disney
- Mother Teresa, Gene Autry on upcoming US stamps
- Mother Teresa, Gene Autry on upcoming stamps