NEW YORK - Customers who step into the offices of Heritage West Financial in San Diego have always favored gold as an investment on paper, a place to park their money.
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Thousands of garment workers unhappy over their wages rampaged through central Dhaka on Friday, clashing with police who used tear gas and batons to clear the streets.
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Bangladesh has raised minimum monthly wages for its millions of garment workers by about 80 percent after months of violent protests over poor pay and conditions, a government minister said Thursday.
NEW DELHI, INDIA (GaeaTimes.com)- The India based mobile handset companies are not only giving the old time players a run for their money in the domestic market but they are also gearing up to grab a pie of the huge international market.
With half of all men in some developing countries already hooked on cigarettes, the tobacco industry is now courting lucrative new customers - young women, a report said Thursday.
- Bangladesh, Russia sign nuclear power deal
- Bangladesh airports on track to meet government’s digital vision
- Bangladesh ferry capsizes at dock; 37 dead
- Bangladesh ferry capsizes at dock; 30 dead
- Bangladesh ferry capsizes at dock; 18 dead
- Bangladesh ferry capsizes at dock; 15 dead
- AP News in Brief
- A look at economic developments around the globe