CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - The Tennessee Valley Authority's inspector general says poor coal ash control practices and the utility's management culture led to a huge December 2008 spill on the Emory River in East Tennessee.
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - Tennessee Valley Authority attorneys are asking a federal judge to dismiss 58 lawsuits over the toxic muck that spilled from a holding pond at one of the public utility's plants in 2008.
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - General Motors plans to recall about 400 idled union workers to its plant at Spring Hill to build four-cylinder engines for its mid-size crossover vehicles, an official said Tuesday.
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - An official says General Motors is recalling about 400 idled union workers to its Spring Hill plant in Tennessee to build a four-cylinder engine.
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - The Tennessee Valley Authority will eliminate about 200 jobs, starting next year, as it downsizes coal-fired plants in Tennessee, Kentucky and Alabama but affected employees will be offered work at other locations.
- VW trains 'industrial athlete' for new US plant
- Miller Industries names new board member
- CBL & Associates Properties offering raises $123M
- BlueCross report: $96M loss in 2009 on TennCare
- 500 new jobs at VW Chattanooga supplier park
- TVA hydroelectric dams on for 1st time in 3 years
- Sanofi-Aventis to buy Gold Bond maker Chattem
- Sanofi-Aventis to buy Chattem for $1.9B
- Environmentalists want TVA prosecuted in ash spill
- Environmentalists discuss TVA ash spill pollutants
- Tight economy forces some to stay home for holiday