GIZA - Forlorn are the caravansaries and bazaars at the Pyramids of Giza.
CAIRO - The International Monetary Fund says the Middle East and North Africa region is recovering strongly following the global financial meltdown, with sizable stimulus packages and continued strength in oil prices supporting the rebound.
CAIRO - A leading independent Egyptian newspaper said Tuesday its mogul publisher has fired the daily's chief editor, an outspoken government critic - the latest development in what watchdogs say is a campaign of restricting media freedoms in the country.
RAMALLAH, West Bank - U.S.
CAIRO - Egyptian telecom giant Orascom Telecom said Thursday its Algeria unit has been hit with a $230 million preliminary tax reassessment, marking a new and increasingly acrimonious chapter in the company's relations with the North African nation.
- No deal: Mideast round ends amid fresh violence
- Talking Mideast peace as mortar shells, bombs fall
- Clinton says time is ripe for Mideast deal
- Egypt reactor failed in April says nuclear chief
- Mobs attack home of Iranian opposition leader
- Bahrain bans reporting on held Shiite activists
- Egypt picks site for its first nuclear power plant
- Egypt announces site of first nuclear power plant
- Iranian president offers friendship to the US
- Russia's grain ban showcases Egypt's love of bread
- BP hopes to turn page with new CEO, leaner company
- Mubarak says economy is Egypt's top priority
- Gaza smugglers cut underground Egyptian steel wall
- With blockade's easing, some Gaza factories revive
- Egypt projects budget deficit drop
- Egypt: basis to move to direct peace talks lacking
- EU foreign policy chief tours Gaza, checks embargo
- EU foreign policy chief tours Gaza
- Abbas says Israel must accept foreign border force
- Libyan ship with aid for Gaza reaches Egypt port
- Libyan ship carrying aid for Gaza heads for Egypt
- Averting showdown, Gaza-bound ship heads for Egypt
- Libya aid ship moving again, heading to Egypt
- Gaza aid ship leaves Greece for Egypt
- Disgruntled employee kills 6 in Egypt rampage
- Longer blackouts for Gaza, as politicians quarrel
- Egypt fights smoking with new tobacco tax
- In Gaza, looser blockade leaves smugglers in limbo
- Several thousand Egyptians protest police abuse
- Saudi gold reserves over twice previous estimate
- Israel loosens chokehold on Gaza
- Bahrain-based bank targets its Saudi parent
- Global poll shows Muslims leery of US and Obama
- Israel agrees to ease Gaza land blockade
- Mixed feelings define Mubarak's children in Egypt