Food And Drink
OLYMPIA, Wash. - Washington state consumers started paying more for soda, candy and gum this year amid a nationwide push to impose higher taxes on sugary foods.
RALEIGH, N.C. - A North Carolina company that touted its stainless steel water bottles on television and the Internet as a safer alternative to plastic water bottles has been ordered to stop making those claims.
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco lawmakers have given preliminary approval to a law that would prohibit fast-food restaurants from putting toys in children's meals unless they include fruits and vegetables and don't have too many unhealthy calories.
COALINGA, Calif. - Right there on a desolate strip of Interstate 5 between Los Angeles and San Francisco, the Harris Ranch Restaurant offers a stop in Central California that feeds hungry travelers from its own surrounding farmland.
WICHITA, Kan. - Vance Ehmke tracks global grain markets as closely as he watches the weather forecasts, so when his winter wheat crop was nearly double its normal size, he hoped all those extra bushels would make up for lackluster prices amid a global grain glut.
- Former Gourmet editor to join Random House
- Senate to take up food safety bill after elections
- Wash. wine group lures buyers to state's vineyards
- US ban on Iranian pistachios helps Calif. farmers
- Michelle Obama hosts UN spouses at NY farm
- 20,000 pounds of fertilizer spill near I-35 in Mo.
- UN meeting on food prices seeks transparency
- GOP senator blocks food safety bill
- Hard Rock Cafe sues Vegas hotel with same name
- Vintners having a ball with harvest dinners
- SoCal winemakers want to block church expansion
- Moonshine still a popular drink with hobbyists
- Conde Nast moving Bon Appetit, editor to step down
- Wineries add attractions for one-stop sipping
- Legendary Seoul restaurant makes way for hotel
- Licensing deal for hot new apple comes under fire
- Tavern on the Green is back _ with vendor food
- Gluten-free has gone big time, but why so popular?
- China vows harsh penalties for food safety crimes
- Court lets part of organic-milk case proceed
- GOP senator says he will hold up food safety bill
- Farmers' markets draw few food stamp users
- Events, ideas and destinations for fall travel
- Whole Foods to use seafood environmental ratings
- Smithfield to sell its stake in Butterball
- Experts say big egg farms can mean big problems
- North Carolina experiencing rebirth in winemaking
- Cold drinks, hot summer fuel McDonald's sales rise
- Summary Box: Burger King expands breakfast menu
- Mozambique government reverses bread price hike
- UN: No food crisis looms despite Russia wheat ban
- Wrigley rooftops hurting as Cubs, economy struggle
- Government: Mozambique lost $3M because of riots
- China orders action to cool food prices
- Tractor upgrades reduce farm deaths from rollovers