SAO PAULO - The emcee's voice begins rising to a crescendo rivaling that of any Las Vegas ring announcer, a yell driving through a dense tropical rain that concisely explains what Brazil's adored president means to his nation.
RIGA, Latvia - The implosion of Latvia's economy has propelled an unlikely candidate to the front ahead of Saturday's national election: a left-leaning party rooted in the country's ethnic Russian minority.
WASHINGTON - Two senior senators are urging the Obama administration to punish the Chinese National Petroleum Co.
UNITED NATIONS - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said Saturday there will be no peace deal with Israel unless the Jewish state stops settlement construction in areas the Palestinians claim for their future state.
UNITED NATIONS - Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon warned kings, prime ministers and presidents Thursday of growing political polarization and social inequalities and implored U.N.
- Ahmadinejad blames capitalism for poverty
- Cuba offers 19 ways Obama can loosen US embargo
- US Senate panel poised to approve nuclear treaty
- No deal: Mideast round ends amid fresh violence
- Talking Mideast peace as mortar shells, bombs fall
- Cuba criticizes Obama for keeping embargo
- US accuses Iran of intimidating nuclear inspectors
- IAEA chief names new head of Iran investigations
- UN nuclear chief chides Iran, defends monitors
- POLITICAL INSIDER: John Bolton weighs a WH run
- Taiwan firm raided after illicit sale to NKorea
- Japan approves economic sanctions against Iran
- Iran seeks import cuts in response to sanctions
- Iran Central Bank head seeks import reduction
- Iran starts nuclear reactor, says intent peaceful
- Iran begins fueling first nuclear reactor
- Iran prepares to start up first nuclear reactor
- Iran details plans for new mountain nuke sites
- Russia: Iran's nuclear plant to get fuel next week
- Russia: Iran's nuclear plant to start next week
- Iran to expunge 'dirty' dollar and euro reserves
- UN calls on Iraq to take steps to end sanctions
- Australia adopts new sanctions against Iran
- Russia objects to EU Iran sanctions
- EU, Canada adopt new sanctions against Iran
- Canada imposes tougher sanctions against Iran
- EU adopts new sanctions against Iran
- NKorea vows nuclear response to US-SKorea drills
- NKorea vows powerful nuclear response to US-SKorea
- NKorea: "Nuclear deterrence" to US/SK war games
- NKorea tensions spike at Asian security forum
- NKorea threatens 'physical response' to US drills
- US wades into thorny Asian disputes
- US, NKorea meet but progress on nukes unlikely
- NKorea warns US drill, sanctions endanger region