GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Israel's decision to allow some construction material into the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip is barely making a dent in alleviating a crushing housing shortage in the impoverished Palestinian territory.
JERUSALEM - It took five years, but on Monday, five families who lost their homes when Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip in 2005 moved into their new houses - not far from their old ones.
JERUSALEM - The Palestinian president said Monday he would wait at least a week before deciding whether to quit Mideast peace talks, giving U.S.
JERUSALEM - Israel's prime minister is calling on West Bank settlers to show restraint as Israeli restrictions on settlement construction come to an end at midnight.
- Abbas says settlements block Mideast peace deal
- No deal: Mideast round ends amid fresh violence
- Talking Mideast peace as mortar shells, bombs fall
- Israel approves materials to upgrade Gaza plant
- Israel OKs tons of materials in Gaza plant upgrade
- Hamas: Israeli strike in Gaza kills 3 Palestinians
- Israeli PM: Current settlement curbs won't remain
- Mideast crisis looms over Israeli settlements
- Israel's FM says no extending settlement slowdown
- Israel urges Lebanon to block ships to Gaza
- Scavengers collect rubble of Gaza's bombed airport
- Gaza power plant shuts down citing lack of fuel
- Israel to take part in UN probe of flotilla raid
- Gaza smugglers cut underground Egyptian steel wall
- With blockade's easing, some Gaza factories revive
- Gaza family struggles to survive in a tent
- Egypt: basis to move to direct peace talks lacking
- EU foreign policy chief tours Gaza, checks embargo
- Hamas bans women from smoking water pipes in cafes
- EU foreign policy chief tours Gaza
- Abbas says Israel must accept foreign border force
- EU foreign policy chief seeks open Gaza borders
- Palestinians: home demolitions hurt peace talks
- Libyan ship with aid for Gaza reaches Egypt port
- Libyan ship carrying aid for Gaza heads for Egypt
- Averting showdown, Gaza-bound ship heads for Egypt
- Libya aid ship moving again, heading to Egypt
- Israeli bulldozers raze 6 east Jerusalem buildings
- Israeli bulldozers raze 4 east Jerusalem buildings
- Israeli report: Flotilla raid planning was flawed
- Israel to release critical report on flotilla raid
- Gaza aid ship leaves Greece for Egypt
- Obama: Bond between US, Israel 'unbreakable'
- Obama, Netanyahu to focus on peace talks
- Israel eases Gaza closure, but restrictions remain