HAVANA - The tourism ministry in Cuba has said it is negotiating with international construction companies to build 16 golf courses in a bid to attract more tourists to the country, a media report said.
HAVANA - Cuba has upped already-high gasoline prices by about 10 percent amid sweeping changes to the economy, a move that could lead to grumbling among cash-strapped islanders, particularly private taxi drivers who are not allowed to raise their own prices.
HAVANA - Cuba's communist leaders mapped out a brave new world of free enterprise on Friday, approving a laundry list of small-time businesses, allowing islanders to take on employees and even promising credit to burgeoning entrepreneurs.
HAVANA - Cuba is calling workers across the island to special meetings so labor leaders can brief them on half a million government layoffs coming in the next six months and suggest ways that those fired can make a living.
HAVANA - Cuba is offering a series of small but specific steps the administration of President Barack Obama can take to soften the United States' 48-year-old trade embargo, including expanding flights and establishing ferry service between both countries and dropping bank bans that keep U.S.
- Cuba criticizes Obama for keeping embargo
- Self-employment key to Cuban economic overhaul
- Document charts Cuba's path to economic reform
- Cuba's leaders lay out details for layoffs
- Cuba to cut 500,000 gov't workers, reform salaries
- Castro says he was misinterpreted on Cuban economy
- Fidel latest to say Cuba's communism doesn't work
- Fidel Castro says Cuban model doesn't work
- Report: Castro says Cuban model doesn't work
- Irreverent Cuban movie promises zombie revolution
- Cuba eases property laws, could open door to golf
- Cuba embraces 2 surprising free-market reforms
- Guevara _ the sprinter _ backs Cuban golf tourney
- Cuba cuts US food imports 28 percent in early '09
- Raul Castro says state will reduce economic role
- Fidel Castro absent as Cuban parliament opens
- Cuba: Deficit lower than expected for 2010
- Fidel absent, Raul silent at Cuba's Revolution Day
- No sign of Fidel Castro at Revolution Day event
- Raul Castro prepares Cuban Revolution Day speech
- Jobless in Cuba? Communism faces the unthinkable
- Cuban dissident ends 134-day hunger strike
- Cuba political inmates told to prepare for release
- Cuban dissidents cheer bill to end US travel ban
- Cubans state radio warns against hoarding rice
- Cuba OKs residential projects linked to resorts
- Cuba visitors must have travel health insurance
- Hundreds of thousands march to mark Cuba's May Day
- Cuban tobacco legend Robaina dead at 91
- Cuban cigar legend Robaina dead at 91
- US family finds traces of slave-trade past in Cuba
- In paying for sex changes, Cuba breaks from past
- Havana food production fails to meet expectations
- US task force holds hearing on Puerto Rico status
- Cuban hunger striker unconscious, hospitalized