BEIJING - Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao met Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan on the sidelines of a meeting in Europe in the highest-level contact between the countries since a bitter diplomatic feud broke out a month ago over disputed islands, both countries confirmed Tuesday.
SEOUL, South Korea - The ascension of Kim Jong Il's little-known, 20-something son to a prominent ruling party post put him well on the path Wednesday to succeed the supreme leader at the helm of nuclear-armed North Korea and carry the family dynasty into a third generation.
WASHINGTON - The trade deficit narrowed significantly in July as exports climbed to the highest level in nearly two years, reflecting big gains in sales of U.S.-made airplanes and other manufactured goods while imports declined.
BEIJING - Trying to smooth over recently rocky relations before a visit to Washington, Chinese President Hu Jintao told American officials on Wednesday that he wants to see healthy and stable ties between the two countries.
BEIJING - Military-run Myanmar's top leader Gen.
- China praises 'sound, stable' relationship with US
- NKorea confirms Kim's not-so-secret trip to China
- South Africa wants to join so-called BRIC nations
- Germany, China sign billions of dollars in deals
- Hu hails China-Taiwan trade pact
- Taiwan president promotes closer China ties
- Administration declines to cite China on currency
- China: Yuan to be kept 'basically stable'
- China, Taiwan sign trade pact linking economies
- China, Taiwan to sign trade pact tying 2 economies
- Britain's Cameron bolsters reputation at summits
- Obama says US expects rise in China's currency
- China's president fires back at currency critics
- World leaders seek common ground on crises
- Leaders blast North Korea on warship sinking
- World leaders unite in slamming North Korea, Iran
- China vows not to bow to currency pressure
- World leaders slam North Korea, Iran
- World summit focuses on nuclear threats
- World summit turning attention to nuclear threats
- G-20 leaders facing worries about rising deficits
- World leaders and their issues before G-20 summit
- White House monitoring China's currency promises
- Canada finance chief: Work needed on bank reforms
- China exchange rate unchanged after yuan news
- Markets to scrutinize China exchange rate
- World hopes China's yuan will rise, bring relief
- China says no major changes in exchange rate
- Chinese criticize move to loosen exchange rate
- China to allow more exchange rate flexibility
- China: yuan exchange rate of no concern to others
- NZ lawmaker claims Chinese security attacked him
- China says G-20 wrong place to discuss yuan issue
- Iran slams US, easy on China's OK on sanctions
- Ahmadinejad calls UN resolution 'worthless paper'