TOPEKA, Kan. - Kansas officials hoped Wednesday to thwart new attempts to lure aviation jobs away from Wichita by withholding details of an agreement between the state and manufacturer Hawker Beechcraft.
TOPEKA, Kan. - An agreement has been reached that could keep "the vast majority" of the Hawker Beechcraft general aviation jobs in the Wichita, Gov.
WICHITA, Kan. - Vance Ehmke tracks global grain markets as closely as he watches the weather forecasts, so when his winter wheat crop was nearly double its normal size, he hoped all those extra bushels would make up for lackluster prices amid a global grain glut.
WICHITA, Kan. - A former Westar Energy executive once accused of looting the Kansas utility wants his arrest records erased now that the charges have been dismissed.
WICHITA, Kan. - Hawker Beechcraft became the second airplane maker in Kansas this week to announce layoffs when it announced plans Friday to cut 350 jobs CEO Bill Boisture told workers in a letter that like all aircraft manufactuers, Hawker Beechcraft continues to experience the effects of a worldwide recession.
- Cessna cuts 700 jobs, blames stalled recovery
- Miller acknowledges getting farm subsidies
- Kansas jobless rate rises, but good news also seen
- Harrah's drops south-central Kansas casino bid
- Fed survey sees slower growth in East and Midwest
- New lottery game marks Kansas' 150th birthday
- Collective Brands 2Q profit rises but misses views
- Latest distraction for CO candidate: Kansas resume
- In first 8 months, returns good for Kansas casino
- Kan. coroner identifies charred body as teen girl
- Kan. officials peg impact of airports
- Kansas review board meets on Wichita-area casino
- MGP Ingredients posts 4Q profit on better margins
- Union starts contract talks with Kan. plane maker
- Sumner County endorses casino plan near Wellington
- Fed economist: US must avoid mistakes of the past
- AP source: Kansas to get 2nd NASCAR race
- Another incumbent down as Michigan Rep. loses
- Kilpatrick loses House re-election bid
- Political newcomer wins GOP nod for Mich. governor
- AP analysis: US economic stress heads back up
- Bombardier to build Learjet 85 in Kansas, add jobs
- Dow ends 4-day win streak on Fed economic report
- Stocks fall further after Fed economic report
- Fed survey: Recovery slows in some places
- US bank failures in 2010 surpass 100
- Kan. race shows earmarks are tricky business
- Judge tosses age lawsuit against Boeing, Spirit
- Kansas bars ask judge to block smoking ban
- Busy Thunder add Kansas' Aldrich to mix at center
- Low prices put damper on Kansas wheat harvest
- Kansas unemployment remains at 6.3 percent in May
- Next Kan. budget depends on extra federal funds
- Frontier starts new seasonal flights to Mexico
- Epiq Systems pays down debt using cash, new shares