KATHMANDU - One of Nepal's oldest and best known industrial houses has targeted neighbour India for rapid expansion in the hospitality industry, planning to build and run 30 hotels in Asia in the next five years, of which at least four will be in India.
KATHMANDU - After suffering attacks and disruptive strikes in Nepals lawless plains for years due to diminishing security and protracted political instability, Indian tobacco major ITCs strategy to safeguard its investments has now been dogged by further obstructions in the hilly west.
KATHMANDU - The fate of eight of Nepals 10 casinos, once a major tourist attraction, lies in jeopardy with the owners failing to pay the money owed to the government by Friday, the deadline set by a parliamentary body.
KATHMANDU - As Nepal's new communist Prime Minister Jhala Nath Khanal assumed office Monday, Nepal's power authorities announced a stringent 14-hour daily electricity blackout, citing the drying up of rivers that are the main source of energy.
KATHMANDU - The chips piled up against Nepal's beleaguered casino industry, the oldest in South Asia, have mounted still more with lawmakers ordering it to quit the capital even as it faces an unequivocal closure this month.
- Reliance Infrastructure in $900 mn Nepal highway project race
- ITC safeguards Nepal operations with new plant
- India seeks diversified cooperation with Nepal on R’Day
- PTC India’s mega deal to buy Nepal power grounded
- Indian telecom JV reels under step-motherly treatment in Nepal
- Nepal launches tourism gala to exorcise civil war, IA hijack ghosts
- Late Indian-origin godman to boost Nepal’s tourism
- Nepali airline starts India flights
- Air India faces fresh workers’ trouble in Nepal
- After Dabur, Pepsi faces raids in Nepa
- Google brings extra Christmas cheer to Nepal
- Dabur Nepal under fresh fire after godown raid
- Dabur Nepal’s woes mount after vigilance raid
- Dabur godown in Nepal raided, sealed after irregularity complaint
- Dabur factory in Nepal raided: Reports
- Nepal to hold beauty contest for elephants
- Nepal’s Maoists fail to bring economy under state control
- Among bank head honchos, Indians get lowest salary in Nepal
- New Nepal casino targets Indians in UP, Bihar
- Mumbai JV wins bid for Nepal’s first recycling plant
- India pushes for bilateral investment protection pact with Nepal
- Billionaire Saudi prince wows Nepal
- Nepal’s casino king cuts new deal
- Nepal’s billion-rupee casino industry faces trouble
- India steps up agro-diplomacy in Nepal
- China vies with India for Nepal power project
- Nepal Maoists halt India-aided railway survey in Nepal
- Festivities over, Nepal stares at crises
- Insurance firm to turn Nepal loss into silver lining
- Nepal kicks off tourism campaign with Richard Gere tips
- PNB joint venture to enter microfinance in Nepal
- Dabur unleashes star power to push product in Nepal
- Ex-Indian Idol Prashant Tamang is Nepal’s new ambassador
- Nepal government to ink deal with GMR despite Maoists
- PNB JV’s merger bid in Nepal bounces