KOLKATA - The imposition of excise duty of one percent on coal, proposed in the general budget 2011-12, will push up cement prices, a top executive of leading cement maker Birla Corporation Limited said Tuesday.
KOLKATA/NEW DELHI - Pointing to the existence of a supply-demand gap in foodgrain which is causing prices of essentials to soar, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Monday said he has given priority in the budget for 2011-12 to increasing production of foodgrain to contain inflation.
KOLKATA - Three days after being showered with goodies by Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee, poll-bound West Bengal Monday reaped rich dividends from the budget for 2011-12 presented by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
KOLKATA - Conceding that West Bengal lagged in drawing investments from the pharmaceutical sector, Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Monday stressed the need for the growth of the biotech industry in the state.
KOLKATA - In a never before initiative, prospective candidates in the upcoming West Bengal assembly polls will have to give their permanent account number (PAN) and and tax returns in the declaration form required to be submitted before filing of nominations, officials said Monday.
- Industry happy over iron ore export duty hike
- Bengal parties on foundation stone-laying, inauguration spree
- Budget should protect fertile farm land: Sharad Yadav
- West Bengal’s industry welcomes railway budget
- West Bengal welcomes Mamata’s rail budget
- Mamata apologises for not achieving world-class station target
- Mamata’s railway measures to boost West Bengal economy
- Industry hoping for implementation of rail projects
- Banerjee set to present her fifth rail budget
- Delay in clearances affecting coal production: official
- Bengal cold storages threaten to shut down
- SIDBI to launch Rs 1,000 crore venture capital fund
- Apollo eyeing investments in Africa
- IOC expecting Rs.11,000 crore government subsidy
- EU’s Endosulfan ban harmful for Indian farmers: Industry body
- Adopt ICT in rural sectors for inclusive growth: Narayana Murthy
- Openbravo aims four-fold growth
- EBTC inks pact with Bengal trade body
- Volkswagen eyeing 20 percent market share by 2018
- Asia’s contribution to global economy increasing: ADB
- Public-private model needed to build houses for the poor
- SBI sets infrastructure credit limit at Rs.1 tn
- Spencer’s eyeing profit of Rs.20 per sq ft
- Shanghai Electric, Punj Lloyd bag CESC projects
- HML posts 12 percent rise in income in Q3
- Not everyone falling for ‘Everyone’s Bengal’
- IIFCL expects credit enhancement scheme decision soon
- Two Kolkata Metro stations to be named after journalists
- Sagardighi thermal plant to come up by 2015
- Montek bats for FDI in agriculture
- Global crude prices to come down shortly: Montek
- Inflation to come down to 7 pc by March, says Montek
- Rs.1,300 crore ADB loan to Kolkata municipality
- Tatas developing housing projects in nine cities
- Hitachi eyes 10 pc market share in AC segment in 2011