BANGALORE - The fledgling Indian semiconductor (semicon) industry has to invest in the research and development (R&D) of nanotechnology to face the challenge of disruptive technologies and shrinking innovative product cycles, a top expert said Monday.
NEW DELHI - India's economy is likely to grow by 9 percent in 2011-12 on the back of 10.3 percent growth in services and 9.2 percent expansion in industry sector, the chairman of the prime minister's economic advisory council said Monday.
MUMBAI - A benchmark index for Indian equities markets Monday shot up in late trade led by Reliance Industries as news of its $7.2 billion deal with global energy major BP came in.
The results of the RBI Repo/Reverse Repo auctions held on February 21, 2011 are:
The Reserve Bank of India has cancelled on January 6, 2011 the certificate of registration issued to Commercial Hire Purchase (India) Ltd., having its registered office at 62, GCDA Complex, Marine Drive, Kochi-682031 for carrying on the business of a non-banking financial institution. Following rejection of the application for certificate of registration Commercial Hire Purchase (India) Ltd. cannot transact the business of a non-banking financial institution.
- BP to buy 30 percent stake in RIL oil blocks for $7.2 bn
- McDonald’s franchisee to invest Rs.500 crore
- Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd., Cuttack – Penalised
- The Surat Mercantile Co-operative Bank Ltd., Surat, Dist. Surat – Penalised
- Fishermen hold anti-India protest in Sri Lanka
- Highlights of economic review by prime minister’s council
- RBI Advisory on Overseas Forex Trading through Electronic / Internet Trading Portals
- RBI and 926 branches of Banks to accept Advance Income Tax
- Reforms will top government’s agenda, says President
- Infrastructure development to get top priority: Patil
- Gandhi family has black money in Swiss banks: Jethmalani
- RBI Reference Rate for US $ and Euro
- Sensex still weak, broader markets in red
- Black money issue will be tackled: President
- States being consulted on food security bill: President
- Liquidity Adjustment Facility : Auction Results
- Government deeply concerned about inflation: Patil
- Have to maintain momentum on reforms: President
- Chinese firm offers phone network for London subway commuters