CHANDIGARH - Punjab, faced with a grim power shortage, is now ushering in a silent technological change - green computing - which can help save energy by use of virtual computer systems that are connected to one master computer.
TOKYO - Japanese stocks declined in Monday morning trading as exporters were dragged down by a stronger yen and investors were concerned about unrest in the Middle East.
Seoul, Feb 27 (IANS/WAM) South Korea, which relies almost entirely on imports for its oil needs, will implement nationwide conservation measures in the wake of surging crude prices, the government said Sunday.
KOLKATA - With dates for elections to the West Bengal assembly likely to be announced next week, political parties are on a spree of stone-laying ceremonies and inaugurations across the state.
- Uddhav takes on Chavan for pro-Jaitapur remarks
- Lift cotton export ban, demand Vidarbha farmers
- Budget should protect fertile farm land: Sharad Yadav
- Indirect tax rates should be kept steady: CII
- Ban on exports of tea leaves to impact tea industry in Darjeeling
- Bagra given charge of NALCO chairman
- Cleanliness campaign launched by Imagindia think tank
- India joins select band of titanium sponge producers
- Punjab on a ‘high’, to guzzle over 350 mn liquor bottles
- Mahindra ups corporate support to Indian theatre
- Golden returns from silver push prices to all-time high