BISMARCK, N.D. - Cool, wet weather at planting and again at harvest means North Dakota farmers still are out in the fields and few days behind getting durum, which is used to make semolina flour for pasta, in the bin.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algeria and Russia signed six deals Wednesday in sectors including energy and transportation during a visit by Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.
CAIRO - The International Monetary Fund says the Middle East and North Africa region is recovering strongly following the global financial meltdown, with sizable stimulus packages and continued strength in oil prices supporting the rebound.
CAIRO - A leading independent Egyptian newspaper said Tuesday its mogul publisher has fired the daily's chief editor, an outspoken government critic - the latest development in what watchdogs say is a campaign of restricting media freedoms in the country.
RAMALLAH, West Bank - U.S.
- Sally Buzbee named AP Washington bureau chief
- Italy's Unicredit taps Ghizzoni as CEO
- Egypt's Orascom faces new Algeria tax bill
- Obama announces new US approach on development
- Rampl to be interim CEO at Unicredit
- For Obama, time to remind the world of his agenda
- Unicredit CEO Profumo fights for job
- No deal: Mideast round ends amid fresh violence
- Talking Mideast peace as mortar shells, bombs fall
- Clinton says time is ripe for Mideast deal
- UN chief in Rwanda over threatened Sudan pullout
- Egypt reactor failed in April says nuclear chief
- Mobs attack home of Iranian opposition leader
- Southern Sudan to purge child soldiers from army
- Bahrain bans reporting on held Shiite activists
- The 'new Dubai'? Libya open for business
- Egypt picks site for its first nuclear power plant
- Egypt announces site of first nuclear power plant
- Iranian president offers friendship to the US
- Russia's grain ban showcases Egypt's love of bread
- Moroccan protesters block Spanish enclave border
- BP hopes to turn page with new CEO, leaner company
- Mubarak says economy is Egypt's top priority
- Gaza smugglers cut underground Egyptian steel wall
- With blockade's easing, some Gaza factories revive
- Egypt projects budget deficit drop
- Egypt: basis to move to direct peace talks lacking
- EU foreign policy chief tours Gaza, checks embargo
- EU foreign policy chief tours Gaza
- Abbas says Israel must accept foreign border force
- Germany to levy up to $33 per flight
- Libyan ship with aid for Gaza reaches Egypt port
- Libyan ship carrying aid for Gaza heads for Egypt
- Averting showdown, Gaza-bound ship heads for Egypt
- Libya aid ship moving again, heading to Egypt