CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The second-largest bottler of Coca-Cola products in the nation will pay $495,000 to settle a federal case involving charges of racially discriminatory hiring practices.
WASHINGTON - The government is looking into allegations that mortgage lenders in the foreclosure crisis have been evicting homeowners using flawed court papers, Attorney General Eric Holder said Wednesday.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - North Carolina's attorney general is investigating the state's 15 largest mortgage lenders, questioning them about procedures used in foreclosure.
NEW YORK - In his essay "Taming the Bicycle," Mark Twain cautiously recommended bicycling: "You will not regret it, if you live." That has always gone doubly for biking in New York.
- NC judge bars ads claiming harm from water bottles
- Dex One makes Bulkeley non-executive chairman
- Gluten-free has gone big time, but why so popular?
- NC judge sends dispute over Alcoa permit to trial
- Nucor sees 3Q earnings down from 2nd quarter
- Bobcats waive Dampier, get below luxury tax
- North Carolina experiencing rebirth in winemaking
- Wachovia Online Banking Mostly Unaffected By New Policies
- Top 25 Preview Capsules
- Cato August revenue comparison rises 2 percent
- Ferries take people off NC island ahead of Earl
- A look at the 50 largest US banks and thrifts
- Official: Charlotte to host 2017 PGA Championship
- Diabetes now tops Vietnam vets' claims
- Bank Of America Online Banking Now Restored
- BofA CEO buys 30,000 shares of company stock
- Duke Energy drops NC wind turbine project
- Illnesses linked to eggs will likely grow
- Egg recall tied to salmonella grows to 380 million
- Lowe's 2Q profit rises 10 pct; cuts sales outlook
- NC slaughterhouse, union get along after fighting
- Cigarette maker Lorillard names next CEO
- Menard moving to RCR in 2011
- Ahead of the Bell: Cree shares dive
- Cree 4Q profit up but 1Q revenue view disappoints
- Lorillard to launch non-menthol Newport cig
- Caterpillar picks NC for equipment plant, 500 jobs
- AP Source: NASCAR fines drivers for comments
- NASCAR gets tougher to protect its brand
- Obama signs long-sought extension of jobless aid
- Snack makers Lance, Snyder's of Hanover combine
- House roll call on additional jobless benefits
- Georgia's Green says he's never been to Miami
- Snack food makers Lance, Snyder's of Hanover merge
- NC snack makers Lance, Snyder's of Hanover merge