NEW YORK - Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the nation's largest private employer, plans to end automatic profit-sharing contributions for its employees in a revamp of its benefits package that it says will give workers more chance to share in its financial success.
TRENTON, N.J. - Under pressure from the Obama administration, Republican Gov.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Even as California lawmakers passed a budget Friday to end an unprecedented 100-day impasse, their spending plan looked to be so tenuous that the next governor was expected to face a multibillion dollar deficit from the moment he or she steps into office next year.
JOB LOSSES: A wave of government layoffs in September outpaced weak hiring in the private sector, pushing down the nation's payrolls by a net total of 95,000 jobs.
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. - Two maintenance workers who were injured while working on a water tower in South Florida have been rescued.
- Jobs crisis extends to unemployed, lawmakers
- NJ gov. agrees to reconsider tunnel cancellation
- 2 workers hurt after fall inside Fla. water tower
- Sanofi-Aventis to lay off 1,700 US employees
- Treasury: 8.1M hires qualify for new tax break
- Campbell Soup CEO's pay falls 12.5 pct in 2010
- Sanofi-Aventis to reduce US workforce by 1,700
- California lawmakers pass long-overdue budget
- General Growth appoints board for spinoff company
- Economy loses 95K jobs due to government layoffs
- California enters 100th day without a budget
- NJ gov. scraps long-planned NJ-NY railroad tunnel
- E-mails: Vilsack hastily decided to oust Sherrod
- Culver, Branstad clash over Iowa budget, economy
- Kaiser workers to stay in service employees union
- Assembly passes main bill in Calif. budget package
- Tax-slashing proposals scare GOP, Democrats
- Calif. Legislature begins budget debate _ finally
- GM, UAW reach wage-cutting deal at small-car plant
- John MacLean starts first season as Devils coach
- American Water Works names Rogers as treasurer
- Cosmopolitan in Vegas 1 step from gambling license
- Salary cap headaches for talented, expensive teams
- NJ gov. scraps long-planned NJ-NY rail tunnel
- NC bottler to pay $495K on discrimination claims
- Unemployment claims drop, while job openings rise
- Official: NY ex-comptroller to plead guilty
- Unemployment claims drop for 4th time in 5 weeks
- PepsiCo's 3Q profit rises, but narrows guidance
- Kansas guarding details of aviation job deal
- Audit finds staffing shortage at Ind. OHSA program
- Housing slump hammers local government tax revenue
- NH Dem Hodes criticizes GOP rival on health care
- Former GM CEO ends consultancy
- Disneyland Paris worker dies in apparent accident