Political Approval Ratings
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and legislative leaders abruptly canceled their scheduled budget talks Tuesday, hours after Schwarzenegger's press secretary blamed "union bosses" for blocking pension reforms the governor insists are needed to solve the state's long-term financial problems.
ALBANY, N.Y. - The Republican candidate for New York governor on Thursday accused his Democratic opponent, Andrew Cuomo, of lying after Cuomo retracted his claim that he had voted for New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Republican Sen. Dan Coats said GOP leaders should try to repeal President Barack Obama's signature health care law.
PARIS - When President Nicolas Sarkozy returns from his Riviera beach vacation this week, it will be a swift return to reality: He will have to answer to criticism about France's crackdown on Gypsies, and to street protesters over plans to raise the retirement age.
TOKYO - Japan voted in parliamentary elections Sunday as the ruling Democrats highlighted reforms and cuts in wasteful spending during their 10-month rule, while apologizing for creating "confusion and mistrust" over tax-hike talk and a dispute involving a U.S.
- Dems' finance report shows lagging donations
- Japan PM warns of Greece-like debt crisis
- Crist drops anti-abortion language from website
- Japan PM meets Cabinet to discuss US Marine base
- Japan PM: Moving US base off Okinawa 'impossible'
- Possible GOP tide drawing has-beens into campaigns
- Sensing GOP tide, has-beens look to be comebacks
- Out of Fla. GOP favor, Crist could go independent
- NY governor says he'll clear his name soon
- FACT CHECK: Misshapen polls and dubious stats
- Poll: Californians say state is on wrong course
- Obama's goal: Get agenda moving, people believing
- Obama to announce high-speed rail plan post-speech
- Anti-tax stance boosts Jindal despite budget woes
- AP-GfK Poll: Obama's 1st year gets mixed verdict
- A year later, hope dissolves into disappointment
- Democratic Mayor Corroon running for Utah governor
- 2009 was trying for Obama; Dems fret over 2010
- For Reid, Dodd, clout on big issues cuts both ways