BUCHAREST, Romania - The Romanian government was in an uproar Monday over austerity protests - the interior minister resigned, the opposition demanded the prime minister go as well and top police officials held emergency talks with the president.
WASHINGTON - Stan Kasten is leaving the Washington Nationals after 4 years as team president, announcing Thursday that he will resign at the end of the season.
STOCKHOLM - Swedish appliance maker Electrolux AB says its president and chief executive Hans Straberg has resigned and will be replaced by Vice President Keith McLoughlin.
WASHINGTON - Herb Allison, the head of the government's $700 billion financial bailout program, announced on Wednesday that he would resign.
HAVANA - Cuba's communist economic model has come in for criticism from an unlikely source: Fidel Castro.
- HSBC chairman to step down, join UK government
- Beckman Coulter CEO Garrett resigns
- Oracle names ex-HP CEO Mark Hurd co-president
- SKorean foreign minister in scandal offers to quit
- SKorean foreign minister offers to resign
- NM pension chief resigns after loan is disclosed
- Botswana former minister charged with corruption
- William Saxbe, attorney general under Nixon, dies
- Boehner sees 'ongoing economic uncertainty'
- Bell, Calif. official: 7 more managers highly paid
- Black caucus reels from ethics, election setbacks
- Panel hits Rangel with 13 ethics charges
- ABC programming chief McPherson abruptly resigns
- CA fiscal official reviews city in pay scandal
- Outrage remains after CA council votes to cut pay
- High-paid CA council members vote to slash pay
- Mayor of Calif. city to stop taking high salary
- High-paid CA council members say they'll slash pay
- High-paid council members say they'll slash pay
- Calif. subpoenas LA suburb records in salary probe
- LA suburb residents march over high city salaries
- Despite Sherrod spotlight, black farmers denied
- WH apologizes to fired Ag worker; she mulls return
- Anthem Blue Cross prez quits after rate hike fight
- USDA worker quits over racism charge from video
- J. Crew retail president exits; duties to be split
- Cerner President Devanny to step down
- CEO steps down at Golisano's Paychex Inc.
- H&R Block names Alan Bennett as CEO
- H&R Block CEO Russ Smyth resigns
- Finnish lawmakers elect new prime minister
- Co-president Hirschhorn to leave MySpace
- Hungary's deficit talk rattles financial markets
- Finance chief Kan elected Japan ruling party head
- Finance chief poised to become Japan's next leader