DAKAR, Senegal - An international aid agency says 400 children have died from lead poisoning in northwestern Nigeria and contamination has spread to two more villages.
TRENTON, N.J. - Johnson & Johnson said Wednesday it is buying Holland's Crucell NV for about $2.41 billion, marking the American health care giant's latest effort to gain a big foothold in the coveted vaccine business.
TOKYO - Japan imposed a record 40 percent tax hike on cigarettes in a bid to curb the nation's smoking rate - the highest among major industrialized nations.
WASHINGTON - The Senate will consider a food safety bill after the November elections that would give the Food and Drug Administration more power to prevent foodborne illness.
RICHMOND, Va. - Tobacco maker Star Scientific Inc.
- Countries and products covered by formula recall
- Bugs in baby formula? Parents worried about recall
- GOP senator blocks food safety bill
- Number of fat people in US to grow, report says
- Egg company heads give Congress few answers
- Egg company chiefs give Congress few answers
- Product recalls: Star noodles, maple nut ice cream
- Owner of Iowa egg farm won't testify at hearing
- Abbott recalls infant formula on bug contamination
- Lawmaker: A 'disturbing picture' of egg production
- Egg company to apologize for outbreak
- Egg companies to testify before Congress
- UN anti-poverty goals get new financial pledges
- Iowa farm owner invited to testify in recall probe
- World leaders to spotlight goals to help poor
- House probing possible second secret recall by J&J
- Johnson & Johnson plans to buy Crucell for $2.3B
- Lawsuit seeks class-action in egg recall case
- China vows harsh penalties for food safety crimes
- GOP senator says he will hold up food safety bill
- Chuck E. Cheese recalls rings and toy eyeglasses
- Investigators say egg company knew of salmonella
- Group backs mandatory flu shots for health workers
- Grassley seeks answers to USDA's role at egg farms
- CVS Caremark to give away up to $5M in flu shots
- US smoking rate still stuck at 1 in 5 adults
- Product Recalls: egg noodles, eggs, dog treats
- Product Recalls: egg noodles, shell eggs
- Ground beef outbreak puts focus on meat oversight
- Abbott abandons plans to sell vaccines business
- Former egg farm workers say complaints ignored
- Can home cooking be hazardous to your health?
- E-cigs gaining steam amid calls for a ban
- Federal agents descend on egg farms for 2nd time
- Product Recalls: Mixed nuts, raw milk cheese